Fireteam Shock tower replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
I've apparently bent my rear shock tower while doing pretty standard bashing and not sure which path to go down.

Jenny's has the stock ones dirt cheap ($6 for the pair) or the Kraton 6S EXB towers for $35. Alternatively, I could go for the wallet-shattering ones from m2c (55$ each). I don't do or plan on doing extreme bashing, however the FT is a heavy boy so I feel like any mild crashes will torque the bejesus outta the tower. I think the 7075 Kraton ones are a direct fit and should be a happy middle ground?

Curious what others think!

I think you’re kinda right. You could also consider the Basherqueen shock towers; cheaper than M2C but more expensive than the EXB. They’re very strong ( I think they’re stronger than EXB, not sure how they compare to M2C).

I've apparently bent my rear shock tower while doing pretty standard bashing and not sure which path to go down.

Jenny's has the stock ones dirt cheap ($6 for the pair) or the Kraton 6S EXB towers for $35. Alternatively, I could go for the wallet-shattering ones from m2c (55$ each). I don't do or plan on doing extreme bashing, however the FT is a heavy boy so I feel like any mild crashes will torque the bejesus outta the tower. I think the 7075 Kraton ones are a direct fit and should be a happy middle ground?

Curious what others think!

Get a replacement. But I love the M2C rear shock mount support to channel that force away from the shock tower to the chassis,

My FT bashes hard even when I had the stamped chassis never bent the shock mount with the M2C support brace. I just put the Mojave chassis on before Xmas but have not been out with it yet. Since July, the M2C brace support has been spot-on with the stock rear mount! I add one to all my 6S rigs.

M2C tower brace

Stock shock mount just deanodized
1672610492236.png

1672610609770.png

What fan mount is that for the ESC and the motor?

Hello

Motor:
When it comes to motors without heat ridges, I buy the heatsink pictured. It's low profile, and it fits a 40mm fan, and holds tight like a glove on a 2050kv motor saddled crossed the motor:
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=21298&p_catid=28#.Y7O7OOzMLKo

Not pictured, when I have the Arrma motor with the heat ridges on it, I do not buy this heatsink since I do not want to place a heatsink saddled on those. I buy this one:
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...-brushless-motor-fan-bracket-for-40-x-40-fans

ESC:
This one is not so easy to get. There are many of these 40mm ESC fan mounts on eBay, and even those 3D printed if you just need a mount. With the HW Max6 ESC, I need a fan bracket that cuts out around the ESC capacitors. This ESC makes it harder to use any fan bracket because I have some of those eBay ones, but they hit the capacitors when I tried to put it on. I ordered a few from overseas since it takes a long time to get, so I have some spares for future Max6 ESCs.
Version 1
Version 2

Hope that helps?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back