Kraton Shock Tower Shock Positions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackops

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
So as an idiot and noob I began to dissemble things to put on the M2C Shock Tower Braces, sweet right.
Well before I did I forgot to look at where the stock mounting position was on the EXB towers so I could try to put it back in the same place for the time being.

I caught myself after I had the rear taken off and right before I pulled off the shocks the front shock tower.

Front Shock Tower: 3 positions with the middle position being the stock location.
Rear Shock Tower: 2 positions with the ??????? position being the stock location.

Can someone help a pal out and let me know which position is the stock location on the rear #1 or #2 on the attached picture.

Also what are peoples shock position location preference?

Thanks

PXL_20210709_024259032.jpg

So as an idiot and noob I began to dissemble things to put on the M2C Shock Tower Braces, sweet right.
Well before I did I forgot to look at where the stock mounting position was on the EXB towers so I could try to put it back in the same place for the time being.

I caught myself after I had the rear taken off and right before I pulled off the shocks the front shock tower.

Front Shock Tower: 3 positions with the middle position being the stock location.
Rear Shock Tower: 2 positions with the ??????? position being the stock location.

Can someone help a pal out and let me know which position is the stock location on the rear #1 or #2 on the attached picture.

Thanks

View attachment 156825
It looks like the stock screws were in the top holes.

Screenshot_20210708-211407_Chrome.jpg

Thanks

View attachment 156825
You can see the spot where the anodizing wore off on the top hole
PXL_20210709_024259032.jpg

Position depends on your preference, and what you do with the vehicle. Using the lower hole appears it will just lay the shock down a bit and give it a tad softer ride. It will have slightly more travel as well in the lower hole. With some cars, the holes will actually raise and lower the ride height (holes are more in-line with the shock). It just depends on how the holes are laid out. In-line, or concentric (as yours look) with lower mounting hole.

You smart SOB OMG you are so right. Literally it was like starring me right in the face and now I cannot stop laughing right now. That is to funny.
Thanks buddy appreciate it. Definitely not going to forget this build thats for sure.
I have had this come up in the past and had to figure it out too. Good luck with your build! 🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back