Typhon Shock towers upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Are there any upgraded shocktowers available for the Typhon 6s? Mine seem to bend quite easily and I can't find any Voltage Hobbies ones.

Thanks in advance

Hot racing makes aluminum towers for the Typhon but I'm not sure how strength compares to the stock set.
Just Bash It RC makes a set that's 8mm
IMG_0548.PNG

https://justbashitrc.com/shop/8mm-aluminum-shock-tower-set-6s-typhon/

It's says they ship internationally so I'd have to assume so. I think it gives the option in checkout but not 100% sure since I'm in the states

IMHO the JBI towers for the Typhon are way overkill. It's a 1/8th scale buggy not a 1/8th scale monster truck, they are supposed to be light and nimble not weighed down with 5lbs of aluminum.

I think this is a better option for me, considering I mostly drive the Typhon on the local track and trying to make it lighter and more durable at the same time; improving track times ultimately. I've had a few crashes and noticed the shock towers are bent easily.

IMHO the JBI towers for the Typhon are way overkill. It's a 1/8th scale buggy not a 1/8th scale monster truck, they are supposed to be light and nimble not weighed down with 5lbs of aluminum.
I could understand that. I'm going off the advice of a good friend as this is my first buggy, as well as my first Arrma. I'm going to bash it, as I do all my RCs, so durability is paramount. My stock ones are still mint, so I'm just experimenting.

I'm sure they are fine but man the weight really starts to add up quick when you start swapping in aluminum bits lol.

Actually, while they look like they would weigh a ton they seem lighter than the voltage ones. And @Notorious J bent one on his Notorious. I'm not super impressed with the ones for my Talion. At least they haven't bent yet.

Actually, while they look like they would weigh a ton they seem lighter than the voltage ones. And @Notorious J bent one on his Notorious. I'm not super impressed with the ones for my Talion. At least they haven't bent yet.
Which ones did @Notorious J bend and which don't you like on your Talion?

I ran with Hot Racing shock towers and they bent on me. So yeah I will not be doing HR again for shock towers. Bash on

Attachments

• 30377.jpeg
    30377.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 47
Which ones did @Notorious J bend and which don't you like on your Talion?
I have the JBI rear only. The bend is fractional and can only be seen when using a straightedge. That was on my first run after installing. After my most recent bash, no change.

For myself, I think I would choose aluminum over carbon fiber for the Typhon since the shock towers are exposed and will potentially hit pavement or something hard when upside down. I personally think that the aluminum would handle it better than the carbon fiber.

Maybe I'm wrong and the carbon fiber does better, but I would just be worried about the carbon fiber "ears" breaking off where the shocks mount from scraping upside down.

JBI uses 6061 aluminum, that's why it needs to be so thick. Voltage uses 7075, which is stronger, so it can be thinner. Alza doesn't state what aluminum they use, but the carbon fiber ones might be the way to go for something like the Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back