Typhon Shock tuning for Typhon 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bscheife

Reaction score
My Typhon 3S is bouncing around and losing ground contact a lot when running over bumpy, short-cut grass terrain. Almost like the spring rate on the shocks is too high and the wheels can't keep up with the terrain. Looking for advice on how to tune the shocks to keep it from bouncing around too much, but still allow it to do jumps. What are good oil weight and springs?

This is my first RC, and I've got about 10 runs on it now. Also worth mentioning that the shocks don't feel as "smooth" as they did when they were new. When I take them off the car and compress them, there's a bit of grittiness now. Due for maintenance?

Are you sure your shocks have oil in them? I think that should be the first thing to check.

My V3 Granite had ~half the required fluid in them.

Nope, I haven't opened them but will soon. Am learning these things as I go along. That said, they do "work" the way I would expect them to and the car handles great in most situations. I just think the bumpy terrain is too much for them to handle at high speeds, so I was wondering how I might get a little more out of them with different oil/spring combinations

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back