Typhon Shocks bottom out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A_Basher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt the shocks on my Typhon 3S with 600cst oil ("Hudy" brand).
When I lift the car ~1.5 feet in the air and let it go, the shocks bottom out and the chassis hits the ground.
Is that reasonable that it would bottom out like that?
Is there some kind of thumb rule that tells at what height should the shocks start to bottom out?

Chassis slap cannot be ,should not be,focused on. Shock pack (oil and spring dialing) will reduce to some extent. But all rigs bottom out. And swapping out to the hardest springs to prevent it is fruitless. Get your ride height and droop correct, thicken the oil and enjoy.

the shocks and towers would take too much stress if the shocks did not bottom out first. But many rigs differ on this. Droop plays a big role in this and varys with different chassis and shocks. On road high speeds low chassis height and precise droop with no bottoming out. Off road needs all the shock travel it can muster. Chassis slap is inevitable and normal.

Last edited:
Chassis slap cannot be ,should not be,focused on. Shock pack (oil and spring dialing) will reduce to some extent. But all rigs bottom out. And swapping out to the hardest springs to prevent it is fruitless. Get your ride height and droop correct, thicken the oil and enjoy.
How do you set droop on a 3s model? :unsure:

How do you set droop on a 3s model? :unsure:
With internal shock limiters. The old school way of setting droop...without chassis droop screws. That comes with experienced kit building knowledge however.;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back