Shocks explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what happened? A very informative channel, I learned a lot about RCs
His story is his local track shut down and there was nowhere close to his home to run his rc cars.
He used to have a very large rc forum, it has been down since August 21st 2017 at about noonish. 3 or 4 days later the front page was updated to say this and has said this since then.
Forum is down for technical reasons*. The fix will unfortunately be difficult and will take some time. Apologies for the inconvenience.

*An automated server-side upgrade rendered some crucial older scripts unusable.

He basically just gave up on the forums and has let them go the way of the dodo, so much amazing information just gone :cry:

That's a bit judgmental.
Between all of his video views and his forum content, ge contributed so much, much more than anyone here on these forums.
Whatever you think about what @slick2500 said, no reason to play-down these forums. I can appreciate what URC brought to the table, but @Thomas P has also brought a brand specific view of his own, with how to videos and custom upgrades. Arrma's surge to be a main contender in rc, has really just begun to gain traction. The increased volume of available upgrades through specialty companies is a testament to that. In the last two months alone, there have been almost 120 new members to this forum, and many of them, regular contributors. With a total of close to 900 members on a dedicated forum, there's a lot of information to be consumed. I enjoy reading what you and others have to say daily, and pay more attention to the Arrma Forum, then any other source of information I have access to. Just my $0.02 #ARRMAATTHETOP2019

For one second i didnt meant to down play this forum, this place is up there on my list of top places on the internet. It's really unique.

What i was trying to say, is that any INDIVIDUAL of us didnt contributed as he done by himself, just by the content of his videos alone, let alone that he also created the forums like @WoodiE here done.
His talent for teaching and explaining is not something i never seen surpassed. There are creators who create approachable content, like TheRcSaylors for example, there are super technical creators like @Rich Duperbash for example, his videos are both at the same time.

So just calling him a "douche" rubbed me the wrong way...

That's a bit judgmental.
Between all of his video views and his forum content, ge contributed so much, much more than anyone here on these forums.

What he did for the rc community is and always will be some of the best content and information that is out there not going to argue with that.

Doesn't change the fact that he basically just abandoned everything and now all that amazing information that used to be the URC forums is just gone and will probably never come back. I talked to a guy about that specific issue with the forums, and he said he could have it fixed in less than an hour so. Doing things the way he did it was a pretty douche move on his part. And then to have someone else offer to help him out with the forums and not even get a response across multiple platforms just shows he doesn't care anymore.

All he cares about is Legos, he is active on his Lego YouTube channel and his Lego forums.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back