shocks needed after A-arm swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Chap82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
so i broke a front lower A-arm the other day. RPM does not offer anything for a typhon 6s BLX. so the owner of the local hobby shop and i talked about going with kraton 6s arms, and axles, turnbuckles, etc. i ended up making the purchase, put everything together today and now my only issue is, shocks are too short. i moved the typhon rears to the front and it made a good improvement, but i think i need something longer still. the rebound is rather slow, i could put a heavier oil in them, but doesn’t solve the rear now. outkast v2 has a 142mm rear, would this work and would i need different springs for the front? thanks

B997958B-AC89-4D5E-BBA2-F5D55198A93A.jpeg
F9657D6D-37FE-4AFF-BA3E-9AEDC12ED97B.jpeg
94D73321-59B7-4D07-87A2-E219CD5B8597.jpeg

I would have replaced with the stock Typhon arms. Would have been less $ obviously.
In addition to all that you ended up buying, now you need to buy Kraton front and rear shock towers and shocks. Basically you made an OC/Notorious. Expensive way to do that. Did your LHS really push you in that direction?? :unsure:
The RPM arms are not all that better over Stock. IMO.
BTW, thicker oil slows rebound not the other way around. You changed the whole Typhon geometry around. So now you have to retune your shocks and all. You made a different rig. A Kratonized Typhon or something? I don't know.:)

I would have replaced with the stock Typhon arms. Would have been less $ obviously.
In addition to all that you ended up buying, now you need to buy Kraton front and rear shock towers and shocks. Basically you made an OC/Notorious. Expensive way to do that. Did your LHS really push you in that direction?? :unsure:
The RPM arms are not all that better over Stock. IMO.
BTW, thicker oil slows rebound not the other way around. You changed the whole Typhon geometry around. So now you have to retune your shocks and all. You made a different rig. A Kratonized Typhon or something? I don't know.:)

he didn’t have stock typhon arms in stock, amain hobby website showed RPM arms the same as kraton/oc/notorious. i made the decision to buy the kraton parts. i have all the shock parts needed also. i didn’t think i needed kraton shock towers, but now that you say it and i look at the two, i see where the height difference is needed for the shock angle, it’s currently real shallow

We all experiment. I just got the impression you didn't realize that you are making an OC/Notorious. Because you need ALL the related parts now to make them work together. I don't feel the RPM arms are better than stock. They both break equally the same IMO. Have broken both. I use both also. I just keep spares. Better to break arms than bulkheads, shocks and other more $$ parts. Depends how and where you bash. Everyone is different.

i honestly didn’t realize i was building one of those, lesson learned i guess.
If we didn't make mistakes we wouldn't learn anything. At the end of the day getting it up and running is all that matters anyway.
I have a bin of stuff from stuff like this.

If we didn't make mistakes we wouldn't learn anything. At the end of the day getting it up and running is all that matters anyway.
I have a bin of stuff from stuff like this.

i just realized kraton and typhon shock shafts are the same length ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

i just realized kraton and typhon shock shafts are the same length ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️
Yeah the rear Typhon is the same shock as the front Kraton just different springs and different weight oil. The Typhon front is smaller though.

Yeah the rear Typhon is the same shock as the front Kraton just different springs and different weight oil. The Typhon front is smaller though.
I lied they are not the same, they used to be or I could have swore they were ?‍♂️ . V1&V2 the shafts were the same between the front of the Kraton and the rear of the Typhon, they changed them for V3.

The shock shafts are different between the front of the Kraton and the rear of the Typhon.
Kraton/Outcast/Notorious use the AR330490(4 x 62.5mm) shock shaft with the AR330478 shock body, the Typhon uses the AR330479(4 x 64.5mm) shock shaft and the AR330478 shock body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back