Typhon Shocks on Typhon doesn't bounce back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
He all

Yeaterday went out with nu son to bash with our granite an typhon in the loose sand .
Had a great morning.

1st time we put the 2s lipo in the granite instead of the nihm and damn that was a change !
A whole lot of more power the thing gets !

The typhon runs on 4s .

Back home I noticed that the shocks in the front on the typhon doesn't bounce back when I push it down.

When I lift it and feel left and right wheel , it comes back but on the ground no.

Is this just time to clean the shocks or did I break something on my 3th run with this buggy ?

There is no oil leaking or something.

I'm gonna remove the shocks to clean and let's see..

Just removed the shocks but think there just fine..

Looks like the arms goes stiffer . The left front goes not as easy as the right one..

He all

Yeaterday went out with nu son to bash with our granite an typhon in the loose sand .
Had a great morning.

1st time we put the 2s lipo in the granite instead of the nihm and damn that was a change !
A whole lot of more power the thing gets !

The typhon runs on 4s .

Back home I noticed that the shocks in the front on the typhon doesn't bounce back when I push it down.

When I lift it and feel left and right wheel , it comes back but on the ground no.

Is this just time to clean the shocks or did I break something on my 3th run with this buggy ?

There is no oil leaking or something.

I'm gonna remove the shocks to clean and let's see..

Mine does the same thing.. Shocks are compressed a little all the time.. Had it with my V3 shocks before i crashed it.. Then put the V4 shocks on it.. And its still the same.. Has to with the preload settings..

Probable reason: when you punch the trottle.. Car gets weight on the back.. At that point.. Shocks will decompress and that way the front wheels keep touching ground..
Just removed the shocks but think there just fine..

Looks like the arms goes stiffer . The left front goes not as easy as the right one..

Might be some sand or gravel wedged in either between where the arm pivots or in the actual hinge..

IMG_20190701_115037.jpg

Last edited:
With the shocks removed raise both arms to the top. Then let them go. They should free fall and bounce at least once when they hit the bottom. If they don't, inspect, adjust and clean the areas mentioned above.

Mine does the same thing.. Shocks are compressed a little all the time.. Had it with my V3 shocks before i crashed it.. Then put the V4 shocks on it.. And its still the same.. Has to with the preload settings..

Probable reason: when you punch the trottle.. Car gets weight on the back.. At that point.. Shocks will decompress and that way the front wheels keep touching ground..

Might be some sand or gravel wedged in either between where the arm pivots or in the actual hinge..

View attachment 42123
With the shocks removed raise both arms to the top. Then let them go. They should free fall and bounce at least once when they hit the bottom. If they don't, inspect, adjust and clean the areas mentioned above.

Finally got some time to clean !

Just cleaned the hinge left and rights, they were a little dirty but just a bit.

Tested the arms to fall down like biggbassbrent said but still no free fall so now gonna clean the pillow balls or those balls where the wheels are attached to.

Looks like they are the trouble maker..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back