Mega Shocks replacement upgrade

Thread starter #1

EAGLELITE

Arrma RC's
Kraton
What’s a compatible shock set fro the granite 4x4. Can’t get the shock shafts or anything from anyone. I broke 2shock shafts and can’t find replacement parts. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys. I’d like to get a set of upgraded shocks from any supplier.

TooTall

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Nero, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious
them ebay shocks looks like cheap junk.?

Several of us are using them, the build quality is pretty good, they don't leak, with 25-30wt or less fluid they seem to work pretty well.

Best of all they don't snap ends off by tapping a twig laying in the grass, (exaggerated I know)!!!!

I have them on two trucks and have no complaints, especially for the price.

TT

Megasty

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Kraton, Nero, Outcast, Raider, Senton, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
them ebay shocks looks like cheap junk.?
They make the stockers look like cheap junk. I'm riding them as well as my 3 kids' Megas. They keep on finding the largest rocks (divots, tree limbs, trees, fences, car tires, each other, etc) to smash into & they haven't broke a rod end yet - & all of them run brushless on 2S.

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
They make the stockers look like cheap junk. I'm riding them as well as my 3 kids' Megas. They keep on finding the largest rocks (divots, tree limbs, trees, fences, car tires, each other, etc) to smash into & they haven't broke a rod end yet - & all of them run brushless on 2S.
Can you post up measurements of those shocks from center of the eye to eye when fully extended?

Thanks.

ChadFury

Arrma RC's
Fury, 4x4-Mega
Thanks for the recommendation. I got them in green to match my motor and green body. I've broken three of the stock front shocks since Christmas. So I figured it's time to upgrade to aluminum. I hope these hold up better I think I need to get Abby fear bumper too. With my crazy driving I need all the protection I can get.

Attachments

ChadFury

Arrma RC's
Fury, 4x4-Mega
1. I hit the corner of a brick planter at full throttle
2. I hit a softball size rock at half throttle.
3. I hit the back of my plastic launch ramp at full throttle.

Prawn1

Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
I run the HSP shocks as well really good shock Welbilt no leaking and I ended up just buying two sets of fronts and they were awesome highly recommended

BattleShrink

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton, 4x4-Mega
I also broke two front stock shafts on some tree roots sticking out of the ground at full speed. I bought the HSP ones too, had to macguyver up some shims for the top eyelet and inside the tube to get the right length, but they work great now. I feel like two sets of fronts is the right idea, the HSP fronts are right around the length of the stock rears.

I also snapped one of the HSP lower eyelets on a tree root though hehe. Anyone know where to buy just lower eyelets that would fit? At that price though I just bought another set and I can use the broken one for spares.

Curvin

Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
Several of us are using them, the build quality is pretty good, they don't leak, with 25-30wt or less fluid they seem to work pretty well.

Best of all they don't snap ends off by tapping a twig laying in the grass, (exaggerated I know)!!!!

I have them on two trucks and have no complaints, especially for the price.

TT
Thanks for the heads up TT,

I just recently purchased a SENTON 4 x 4 Mega which has snapped the bottom mount on one of the front stock shocks within in an hour of minimal usage, so these look like a great option. Being in Australia it is a little harder to source parts, but I don't mind grabbing a few sets from O.S.

One quick question, do they come with a reducer eyelet for the top mount, or is that something I will need to source separate ?

ptr1ck

Arrma RC's
Granite
I just busted a front shock shaft and also managed to nail my ankle while wearing flops. OUCH. Anyways..those ebay ones are from China! I want something this week! I need to limp back outside and bash again, with shoes on.

ChadFury

Arrma RC's
Fury, 4x4-Mega
I just busted a front shock shaft and also managed to nail my ankle while wearing flops. OUCH. Anyways..those ebay ones are from China! I want something this week! I need to limp back outside and bash again, with shoes on.
Hey ptrick, That sounds painful. Sorry you got hurt, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who has ran into them self with an RC car. I got mine offf amazon, takes a bout two weeks to get them via a slow boat from China. Maybe you can order these, and in the mean time just order the parts to fix your stock shock. Those parts should come quick in the mail. My local hobby shop had the shock Arrma shafts maybe yours does too? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B9ZD9VB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stack15 Granite & Senton Mega 4x4 9
Txbigmac Typhon 16
cw kraton v2 Kraton 76
GaryT Granite 2WD 2