Granite Shocks replacement upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@E36Mtek Are the spring rates on these shocks roughly the same? I guess the pre-load can be adjusted to deal with ride height issues...
I think they are about the same maybe a little stiffer. I have mines adjusted not even half way and the truck is as high as it can go and in runing 70w oil. I know that’s a little too thick but I like how it rides

I think they are about the same maybe a little stiffer. I have mines adjusted not even half way and the truck is as high as it can go and in runing 70w oil. I know that’s a little too thick but I like how it rides

Thanks for the feedback. Did they come pre-filled or empty?

I'm going to pickup my shocks today. The seller was fast, even with free shipping. I had them sent to an NY address, so it is close by I guess. I can't wait to try them out.

I'm going to pickup my shocks today. The seller was fast, even with free shipping. I had them sent to an NY address, so it is close by I guess. I can't wait to try them out.
That’s awesome. I haven’t had any problems yet with them and I have broken the truck a few times already lol right now I’m waiting on drive shafts, and the last time I broke the control arm and the shock was the only think holding the tire to the truck. Still had no problems

How did those shocks work out? What length front & rear did you get?

How did those shocks work out? What length front & rear did you get?
I haven't filled them yet, I'm waiting for a breakage to justify doing all the screws. I was contemplating doing just the fronts and leaving the rears stock since they aren't that vulnerable. They are 110 mm front and 123 mm rear, so slightly less travel on the rear.

I just read through all of this. Thank you.

I ordered two grainte 4x4s and they arrived this week. One was leaking grease from a rear shock while still NIB. Arrma is sending me a replacement. I do like the looks of the eBay China ones. But the link says they are for 1/8 scale. Can we confirm again that they fit the front and rear of the granite 4x4mega? I think I should order some as it seems I may need them.

Link:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232419911910

1530476850527815161942.jpg

So this happened yesterday. Can I order parts to fix the shock (front)?

Common problem with the Megas. Definitely fixable with some aftermarket shocks

man what are u guy's hitting

What's weird is I have no idea. I went camping yesterday and was blowing around the dirt roads and parking lots. I was driving it pretty hard, doing donuts and flying all over. But I didn't hit anything that stopped the truck or turned it around. I didn't even notice it was broken until I brought it to me to pack it in. That's when I noticed the busted shock .

Can someone please post a link to whatever upgrade aftermarket shocks go with the granite 4x4? This is confusing. Thank you.

@Stack15,

Checkout Post 3 on this thread, there is a link to the aluminium HSP shocks a few of us are running.

You will find various vendors offering the same shocks on Ebay , most are coming in from China.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back