Granite Shocks replacement upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do agree with you Yonic but I don't think these can be rebuilt ( granite 3s blx) and if they can I have no clue how. My outter shock body Is cracked at the seam near the bottom where the piston enters so I would need a new one anyway. I really do like the factory ones.

If you have a leaky shock, I don’t thing the answer is trying a bunch of off brand shocks, I think the answer is rebuilding the stock shocks correctly. I think they are really good. The design is awesome, they cannot pop like traditional shocks.

My shocks came all leaky as a river, I rebuilt them and many many packs later they are still as new. No leaking at all.

When rebuilding I used green slime on both o-rings, and I make sure that the shaft o-ring cap is secured.
If they were leaking when new, how are they as good as new now? :p Wouldn't that make them better than new?

Attachments

• IMG_20181105_213128.jpg
    IMG_20181105_213128.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 66
How do I connect these shocks to the granite 4x4. I don't know what size shock ball to use. Any info would be great.

thanks
JB
I used some old nitro fuel tubing in the top eyelets. That & 10 ga silicone wire insulation will fit the top eyelet with the plastic spacer.

Lmao they do look like nice shocks I really like the tekno eb48.4 that rich duperbash runs on his granite
How did he get EB48.4 shocks to fit? Do you have a link to that? The Tekno fronts will fit the rear but the Tekno rears are way too long.
From left to right Tekno NT48.3 rear, Tekno EB48.3 front, Arrma 4x4 rear and Arrma 4x4 front. The Tekno E/NT48 E/NB48 and MT410 all use the same shock shafts, bodies, rod ends and spring perches.
jCPnK79.jpg

I just notice one of my shock ends is bent....

How did he get EB48.4 shocks to fit? Do you have a link to that? The Tekno fronts will fit the rear but the Tekno rears are way too long.
From left to right Tekno NT48.3 rear, Tekno EB48.3 front, Arrma 4x4 rear and Arrma 4x4 front. The Tekno E/NT48 E/NB48 and MT410 all use the same shock shafts, bodies, rod ends and spring perches.
View attachment 26177

I just notice one of my shock ends is bent....
I don’t run teknos I want to tho because rich duperbash on YouTube does and his granite lands smooth as butter

I don’t run teknos I want to tho because rich duperbash on YouTube does and his granite lands smooth as butter
It must be a combination of one of these
107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear

Too bad Dollar Hobbyz doesn't sell the Tekno kitted shock kits anymore :(

It must be a combination of one of these
107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear

Too bad Dollar Hobbyz doesn't sell the Tekno kitted shock kits anymore :(
Yeah they come in pieces I’m to lazy to build it lol and plus they 50$ for the rear

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back