Granite Shocks replacement upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a set of the HSP shocks for my granite 4x4 blx and am in the process of installing them. Does it matter that the hole for the shock cap (even with the black plastic insert) is too large for the screw into the shock tower? The stock shocks have almost no play in them in the shock tower, while I can wiggle the HSP's around a bit due to the larger inner diameter.

I got a set of the HSP shocks for my granite 4x4 blx and am in the process of installing them. Does it matter that the hole for the shock cap (even with the black plastic insert) is too large for the screw into the shock tower? The stock shocks have almost no play in them in the shock tower, while I can wiggle the HSP's around a bit due to the larger inner diameter.

I don't think it is good to have a LOT of play in the top of the shocks. I took the spacers out of my stock ones and used they still had a tiny bit of play but not much. Others have used Nitro Tubing and then the best way would be to use spacers on each side of the shock eye when installing them.

The hole needs to be filled with silicone tubing (nitro or other 10ga) or you can use m3 spacers. Either way there will be a gap left on the side of the eyelet that I used 2 #6 washers to fill. I picked them up at Menards.

The hole needs to be filled with silicone tubing (nitro or other 10ga) or you can use m3 spacers. Either way there will be a gap left on the side of the eyelet that I used 2 #6 washers to fill. I picked them up at Menards.

Yea, I got the HSP shocks today. I used the black center piece out of the stock shocks when Installed them to try them out. I put 50wt oil in them, I dropped the truck from about 3 inches off the ground to see how much dampening they had, there was none the chassis hit the ground like I had dropped it from 6feet. The stock shocks offered more shock absorption then the HSP did. I don't know if I got a bad set or what.

Tried to tell you guys ? no one wants to listen to a young kid I guess .....

Get these and use the hsp springs for these racer edge shocks then do this for the rear ....

Attachments

• 5A55A9C1-95B7-4392-B07B-DB9DBD2A76CA.jpeg
    5A55A9C1-95B7-4392-B07B-DB9DBD2A76CA.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 45
Get these and use the hsp springs for these racer edge shocks then do this for the rear ....

I do not doubt anyone. Just because you might be young doesn't mean your not intelligent. As humans we naturally learn from our mistakes. But I do appreciate the info because I just remembered when I was at the LHS last time 2 weeks ago, he started talking about Racers Edge shocks and that he was going to start stocking them because they could be used to fix the shock issue with all composite Arrma shocks. He was busy at the time and didnt get to explain the entire idea. The video you shared is actually his.

If im understanding correctly the only thing you need to change is the shaft because the ones on the RE will not fit on the vehicle.

I am assuming so. At least then I wouldnt have to return mine.
Don't bother ever trying to return stuff to China. It costs them pennies to send stuff here because of shipping routes but when it comes to us, even with Paypal's reimbursement it will still cost more than the auction price to send it back. I have a set of the shocks that Racer Edge has labeled. RE are selling them for ~$40 but they are just another China shock for the Slash 4x4 on ebay for ~$20. Nice markup, huh. The fronts will fit perfect but the rears are a cm too short. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-RC-Tr...orber-for-Traxxas-1-10-Slash-4x4/264029990905 That came right up under a "Slash 4x4 metal shock" search. The rods are on the weak side & will bend in a crash before breaking.

I hate to say it... but you could try the traxxas GTR's for the slash. The fronts were a bit short on my stampede 4x4, so I used some ball ends that were a bit longer on the fronts. The chassis still bottoms out before the shocks do.

Anyway, they are the similar to the shocks on a revo (just a little shorter for front and I think longer for rear) and can take a lot of abuse. Can get them on ebay, not as cheap as these ones, but they are good shocks and parts support is traxxas... so you can always fix/rebuild them.

Also, you can run the traxxas VDK pistons after drilling them out 1/16". Again, just did that install on my stampede. Wife got the GTR's for me for Christmas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back