Granite Shocks replacement upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What’s a compatible shock set fro the granite 4x4. Can’t get the shock shafts or anything from anyone. I broke 2shock shafts and can’t find replacement parts. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys. I’d like to get a set of upgraded shocks from any supplier.

them ebay shocks looks like cheap junk.?

Several of us are using them, the build quality is pretty good, they don't leak, with 25-30wt or less fluid they seem to work pretty well.

Best of all they don't snap ends off by tapping a twig laying in the grass, (exaggerated I know)!!!!

I have them on two trucks and have no complaints, especially for the price.

TT

them ebay shocks looks like cheap junk.?

They make the stockers look like cheap junk. I'm riding them as well as my 3 kids' Megas. They keep on finding the largest rocks (divots, tree limbs, trees, fences, car tires, each other, etc) to smash into & they haven't broke a rod end yet - & all of them run brushless on 2S.

They make the stockers look like cheap junk. I'm riding them as well as my 3 kids' Megas. They keep on finding the largest rocks (divots, tree limbs, trees, fences, car tires, each other, etc) to smash into & they haven't broke a rod end yet - & all of them run brushless on 2S.
Can you post up measurements of those shocks from center of the eye to eye when fully extended?

Thanks.

Can you post up measurements of those shocks from center of the eye to eye when fully extended?

Thanks.
I'll do one better . . .
Mega4x4_Shocks.jpg

What is the stock length for the shocks and was need length for new shocks

Thanks for the recommendation. I got them in green to match my motor and green body. I've broken three of the stock front shocks since Christmas. So I figured it's time to upgrade to aluminum. I hope these hold up better I think I need to get Abby fear bumper too. With my crazy driving I need all the protection I can get.

Attachments

• IMG_20180505_140243629.jpg
    IMG_20180505_140243629.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 124
1. I hit the corner of a brick planter at full throttle
2. I hit a softball size rock at half throttle.
3. I hit the back of my plastic launch ramp at full throttle.

I run the HSP shocks as well really good shock Welbilt no leaking and I ended up just buying two sets of fronts and they were awesome highly recommended

I also broke two front stock shafts on some tree roots sticking out of the ground at full speed. I bought the HSP ones too, had to macguyver up some shims for the top eyelet and inside the tube to get the right length, but they work great now. I feel like two sets of fronts is the right idea, the HSP fronts are right around the length of the stock rears.

I also snapped one of the HSP lower eyelets on a tree root though hehe. Anyone know where to buy just lower eyelets that would fit? At that price though I just bought another set and I can use the broken one for spares.

Several of us are using them, the build quality is pretty good, they don't leak, with 25-30wt or less fluid they seem to work pretty well.

Best of all they don't snap ends off by tapping a twig laying in the grass, (exaggerated I know)!!!!

I have them on two trucks and have no complaints, especially for the price.

TT

Thanks for the heads up TT,

I just recently purchased a SENTON 4 x 4 Mega which has snapped the bottom mount on one of the front stock shocks within in an hour of minimal usage, so these look like a great option. Being in Australia it is a little harder to source parts, but I don't mind grabbing a few sets from O.S.

One quick question, do they come with a reducer eyelet for the top mount, or is that something I will need to source separate ?

I just busted a front shock shaft and also managed to nail my ankle while wearing flops. OUCH. Anyways..those ebay ones are from China! I want something this week! I need to limp back outside and bash again, with shoes on.

I just busted a front shock shaft and also managed to nail my ankle while wearing flops. OUCH. Anyways..those ebay ones are from China! I want something this week! I need to limp back outside and bash again, with shoes on.

Hey ptrick, That sounds painful. Sorry you got hurt, but it's good to know I'm not the only one who has ran into them self with an RC car. I got mine offf amazon, takes a bout two weeks to get them via a slow boat from China. Maybe you can order these, and in the mean time just order the parts to fix your stock shock. Those parts should come quick in the mail. My local hobby shop had the shock Arrma shafts maybe yours does too? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B9ZD9VB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back