Granite Shocks replacement upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant figure out how to put link but i got mine in about a week from us

I just wanted to chime in and say that I've got two trucks and have broken a front shock bottom eyelet on each of them. I've fixed one, and will fix the other today. The cost isn't even really a problem, but it is tedious and brings an abrupt end to a bashing session.

I'm new to the RC hobby grade scene...how long does/should it take for a 3rd party to produce drop in replacements? I would assume 3rd parties are interested in parts that go easily or quickly.

GuyFromCanada, the front shocks are 100mm eye to eye. There is plenty of that size on the market. I believe the rear shocks from a Slash/Stampede will work on the front of the Granite, though I haven't tested it. The rear shocks are a different story since they are 115mm eye to eye which isn't a standard length.

I've got these showing up soon to try on the front: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123045805070
I may go with 120mm replacements for the rear since that size is more standard than 115mm and will also match the front better since those are 5mm longer than stock.

Right, I'm not too concerned about performance yet, and the front shocks seem most vulnerable. It is hard to tell from the ebay photo, but does the eyelet look a bit beefier to you? My other issue is that being in Canada (go figure) some hobby sites simply aren't as accessible.

So the 100 mm eyelet to eyelet a standard spec then? I'll poke around and see...the HSP shocks people have mentioned look interesting, but I'm always wary of stuff coming from China, and dealing with duties and such.

Thanks for the tips.

I put some extra 100mm ones off my crawler on mine for the time being and they have held up for at least one battery in the back yard. They are the smaller diameter shock and there is a little play side to side at the upper shock mount. If this were permanent, then I would use a 1mm nylon spacer or 2 to get them snug.

IMG_20180508_134736781.jpg
Broke the rear shock mount on my granite 4x4. I wonder if the HSB shocks being slightly longer, then the stock arrma shocks, factored in to the shock mount breaking? I did land jump pretty funky and did a cartwheel.

GuyFromCanada, I think the Traxxas rear will work on the Granite front, but I believe the Granite rear is too long compared to the Stampede rear.

The Axial shocks I received work perfect on the front. I replaced the spring with another I had laying around that's a little bit stiffer though. They are a smaller diameter than stock but have Ti-Ni shafts so hopefully they won't snap like a twig.

There is a seller on eBay his name is citysupermarket that has a nice set of shocks for the senton mega. I contacted him and asked for 130mm and 110 mm shocks and he sent me a link, he is in New York so I had them in two days. I believe he makes them because he has all different sizes and colors but I may be wrong. I been using them for a a couple months now no issues
A7413E74-6AD6-4A76-B1EB-20DC993FB77F.png

I've got a front shock solution nailed down!

It allows you to use the stock springs which have a rate (4.97lb/in) that's pretty hard to find (at least for me) in the size the Axial shocks use. The spring rate of the front of the Granite Mega is about 2.5x that of which comes on most of the Axial shocks (2.07lb/in on what I received). The spring length is the same but the diameter of the Granite springs are a bit too big. You need to get 2 more spring seats (AR330451) to keep it from shifting around up top on the shock. I flipped the spring adjuster over and put the Axial spring seat up top with a Granite spring seat over it. I put another spring seat at the bottom over the Traxxas lower spring retainer.

The piston valving is a touch more open than the stock Granite shocks. I'm using 40wt currently. It's OK.

Required:
  • 2- Axial Wraith Shocks ($12/2 ebay) - Gold-Ti-Nitride-Shafts-105mm
  • 1- Arrma Composite Shock Parts AR330451 ($7) - for 2 more spring seats
  • 1- Traxxas 3768 ($5)- for lower spring retainers
The Axial shock not only has a TiNi treated shaft but it is also 0.5mm thicker!
IMG_20180613_205507744.jpg

IMG_20180613_205307069.jpg

Last edited:
I added a piece of UHMW to the front of my bumper to help protect the lower shock mount. It may be an easy way to save the shocks. I haven't had any issues with shocks since doing this, it also helps to retain the a-arm pivot pins.

Hattrick, my stock shocks were breaking not even hitting anything but small very jumps. The Axials have taken direct hits on the lower mount and have not broken. The right lower A-arm is starting to stress a bit from a bad hit, so I have ran a longer M3 screw it with a nut on the back.

There is a seller on eBay his name is citysupermarket that has a nice set of shocks for the senton mega. I contacted him and asked for 130mm and 110 mm shocks and he sent me a link, he is in New York so I had them in two days. I believe he makes them because he has all different sizes and colors but I may be wrong. I been using them for a a couple months now no issues

@E36Mtek Are you using them as received on your Mega? I like this solution. Do you have a link for an auction or you did it off eBay?

2- standard size rod ends with metal eyelets, mine eyelets have a built in stand-off, but spacers may be needed to keep springs off the axles.

@ptr1ck Can you provide a bit more detail on the rod ends and Wraith shocks? We might be a little more limited on parts in Canada :(

I came across these, but same issue with sourcing from overseas...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4pcs-CNC-Al...Black-For-Axial-AX10-Wraith-RR10/262990986172

@E36Mtek Are you using them as received on your Mega? I like this solution. Do you have a link for an auction or you did it off eBay?

@ptr1ck Can you provide a bit more detail on the rod ends and Wraith shocks? We might be a little more limited on parts in Canada :(

I came across these, but same issue with sourcing from overseas...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4pcs-CNC-Al...Black-For-Axial-AX10-Wraith-RR10/262990986172
I looked for a link couldn’t find it but if you look up the seller just email him with the size which is 110mm and 130mm and he will send you the link directly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back