Shocks upgrade for BIGROCK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVIDCORRAL

Reaction score
Hello all:
It’s almost Thanksgiving and I tell you it’s getting cold out side
Anyways what is a upgrade shocks that would be good for medium height jumps.
I contacted Proline and they said they don’t have ones for the BIGROCK. Maybe I asked wrong but they look amazing and I like the fact that they have the shock protection built in and a replacement pack is available.(pretty cool)
So if someone could help me with a good upgrade please share
David

Hello all:
It’s almost Thanksgiving and I tell you it’s getting cold out side
Anyways what is a upgrade shocks that would be good for medium height jumps.
I contacted Proline and they said they don’t have ones for the BIGROCK. Maybe I asked wrong but they look amazing and I like the fact that they have the shock protection built in and a replacement pack is available.(pretty cool)
So if someone could help me with a good upgrade please share
David

Mojave 6s front shocks for the front
Kraton 6s front shocks for the rear.
Around $28-36/set from jennys.

Exactly what I have on my Bigrock and works like a charm.

Yup I have them on my granite, hybrid vorteks (mojave 6s fronts on both ends of the vorteks with granite front shock tower/typhon arms), my wife’s big rock and the typhon. They are ‘no worry’ investments lol.

It is unreal how cheap you can get these factory 6s shocks from JRC, and how well they work on the 3s line up.

Reminder you need a set of the Axial rubber bushings per shock for the top mounting point.

Ive also found that I need to use one of my extra oem shock pivot balls as a “stand off” for the bottom mount to the A-Arm. Helps space the shock out just enough that nothing rubs. don't forget you will need just a couple mm longer screw if you do this.

It is unreal how cheap you can get these factory 6s shocks from JRC, and how well they work on the 3s line up.

Reminder you need a set of the Axial rubber bushings per shock for the top mounting point.

Ive also found that I need to use one of my extra oem shock pivot balls as a “stand off” for the bottom mount to the A-Arm. Helps space the shock out just enough that nothing rubs. don't forget you will need just a couple mm longer screw if you do this.
Awesome but confused you say “One of my extra oem shock pivot balls” where can I get such mentioned part. Also can you please give me part numbers for the Mojave front shocks and Keaton rear shocks. Thank you ev1 you all ROCK
Do you have part numbers for
I looked at Jenny and found Mojave 6s front shock ara7604v2
For the rear kraton 6s v5blk ara8608v5. OR
rear kraton 6s EXB ara106053
Which one is correct

Last edited:
Awesome but confused you say “One of my extra oem shock pivot balls” where can I get such mentioned part. Also can you please give me part numbers for the Mojave front shocks and Keaton rear shocks. Thank you ev1 you all ROCK
Which one is correct
On mine I just used a spacer such as this to get the job done. Run it on 4s only though it'll take 6s.

20211118_213026.jpg

20211118_213051.jpg

20211118_213118.jpg

On mine I just used a spacer such as this to get the job done. Run it on 4s only though it'll take 6s.

20211118_213026.jpg

20211118_213051.jpg

20211118_213118.jpg
I think its time for a pretty thorough cleaning too lol 😆 😅
Which one is correct
Mojave 6s front
Kraton 6s front

View attachment 180582

View attachment 180583

View attachment 180584

I think its time for a pretty thorough cleaning too lol 😆 😅

Mojave 6s front
Kraton 6s front
So which one do you use for the rear the BIGROCK is 3s still confused

Which one is correct
Which one is correct
Mojave 6s front shocks for the front
Kraton 6s front shocks for the rear.
Around $28-36/set from jennys.
Which one is correct

So which one do you use for the rear the BIGROCK is 3s still confused

Which one is correct

Which one is correct
The ones in the first picture I posted is what I have on there. Bout a quarter inch spacers. And its FRONT Mojave 6s and FRONT kraton 6s shocks not rear.

Which one is correct
First, the home page here has a hyper link to all the info needed on which shock is which length and used on which end. See below screen shot;
55ACC1B4-8F2B-46AF-A688-2AA8C9F84234.jpeg

Second, if you are putting new shocks on, then every part of your OEM plastic shock is up for grabs as spare parts. The top and bottom pivot balls can be pushed out and used for things like spacers as Im using mine for. Trick to get them out or replacements back in is to shoot a little spray lube on them and them come out or push in a little easier.
6A8582B9-7A80-4C0D-A3DB-ED6CECF80719.jpeg

BD0283D9-DE16-4B0B-89F1-EF238F0661DC.jpeg

43EC41A2-D1ED-4911-BBC8-81507F08D223.jpeg

If im using the black plastic oem ones I take a pair of dikes or a razor knife and cut both ends off and just use the center “ball” portion. The one Im pointing at on the rear of my Senton is a Hot Racing extra I had but its the same size just harder obviously.

First, the home page here has a hyper link to all the info needed on which shock is which length and used on which end. See below screen shot;
View attachment 180713

Second, if you are putting new shocks on, then every part of your OEM plastic shock is up for grabs as spare parts. The top and bottom pivot balls can be pushed out and used for things like spacers as Im using mine for. Trick to get them out or replacements back in is to shoot a little spray lube on them and them come out or push in a little easier.
View attachment 180714
View attachment 180715
View attachment 180716

If im using the black plastic oem ones I take a pair of dikes or a razor knife and cut both ends off and just use the center “ball” portion. The one Im pointing at on the rear of my Senton is a Hot Racing extra I had but its the same size just harder obviously.
Any of these correct

411E26BA-08FA-453F-9F67-7729B9709D34.png

Yeah the 117 mm ones for the rear, and about 50 bucks TOO MUCH. Do yourself a favor and look up Jennys RC. They buy new RC’s and then part them out and you get a much much MUCH better price. Im not trying to push JRC, but you are just wasting money anywhere else. The rest of those you’ve shown are TOO SHORT as your OEM front shocks are in the 100 to 105 mm range. PLEASE go read the info on the main page, it tells you everything you need to know and has links right to JRC’s listings and prices. The mods have done the leg work for us, ya just gotta use it ;-)
Edit; and I see the ones youve listed don't appear to have the oem springs. don't do that to yourself, buy fully set up sets unless you are a true for true builder hobbyist that wants to piece meal one together. If thats the case then youd be well off to buy a kit and assemble it.

Yeah the 117 mm ones for the rear, and about 50 bucks TOO MUCH. Do yourself a favor and look up Jennys RC. They buy new RC’s and then part them out and you get a much much MUCH better price. Im not trying to push JRC, but you are just wasting money anywhere else. The rest of those you’ve shown are TOO SHORT as your OEM front shocks are in the 100 to 105 mm range. PLEASE go read the info on the main page, it tells you everything you need to know and has links right to JRC’s listings and prices. The mods have done the leg work for us, ya just gotta use it ;-)
Edit; and I see the ones youve listed don't appear to have the oem springs. don't do that to yourself, buy fully set up sets unless you are a true for true builder hobbyist that wants to piece meal one together. If thats the case then youd be well off to buy a kit and assemble it.
Thank you for your help THANK YOU EV1 that has helped

Yes as MX has said. Check the sticky on the home page for all your options. And there are a good bit of them. I run diff than these guys. I have the ZDs talked about in sticky. Although they are "too" long. For some folks. But fur a fraction of all the others they are great!!

For the front of the Big Rock
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...st-assembled-dampers-springs-red-new-ar106040
For the rear of the Big Rock
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ks-assembled-dampers-springs-4mm-hd-ara7604v2

You really can't beat the price from Jenny's for a high quality shock upgrade. The advantage of this setup versus Typhon 6s shocks is they come with much stiffer springs, much closer to stock 3s shocks. The Typhon 6s springs are quite light compared to 3s stocks, which may be better for staying on the ground at high speed over bumpy terrain, but definitely not as good for absorbing impact from jumps.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back