Granite SHOCKS!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you end up using to fill that big ole top hole in the ZD shocks, @lilzeus ?
I have the Hot Racing ball kit so I used those and some heatshrink tubing to take up some of the slack. They are sloppy so I'm definitely on the hunt for a better solution. For the lower I used the balljoint that comes in the shock and a couple 0.5mm nylon washers to add a tiny bit of space so the springs clear the driveshaft.

Hey gyus,

I'm new to this forum, so here goes my first post.
I've been researching shock options for the senton 3S for a while.
Have anyone tried the original shocks from the HPI trophy buggy?

https://jennysrc.com/collections/tr...gy-rear-shocks-dampers-101790-hpi-flux-107016
https://jennysrc.com/collections/tr...y-front-shocks-dampers-101788-hpi-flux-107016

I've ordered a set, and they seem like well built shocks to a reasonable prices.
They should in theory fit the car well as they are 97/112mm long compared to the 100/115 stock shocks.
I'm slightly concerned that they are meant for a heavier car, but then again Typhoon 6S shock seems to be the "go-to" option.
Compared to the typhoon 6S version the trophy buggy should be closer in size and weight.

I will keep you guys posted in the progress and if this is a recommended setup.
Just wanted to share my findings in case this is a viable upgrade which can benefit more than me.
#costeffectiveupgrades!

PS: There is a bigbore option for the HPI Trophy buggy as well, but then the typhon 6S option would be both cheaper and already tested setup.

I have a kraton 4s.. and the shocks ar great but i was wondering if the 6s box shocks could be a good choice.. i want to tune my rigg like rich duperbash does ect

I have a kraton 4s.. and the shocks ar great but i was wondering if the 6s box shocks could be a good choice.. i want to tune my rigg like rich duperbash does ect
I wouldn't run Kraton 6s shocks in your widened BRCC. Too stiff. The only think your Kraton 4s has in common with the 6s version is a similar shaped body and the sh!tty V3 tires albeit smaller. That's it. It's much closer to a BRCC.

I wouldn't run Kraton 6s shocks in your widened BRCC. Too stiff. The only think your Kraton 4s has in common with the 6s version is a similar shaped body and the sh!tty V3 tires albeit smaller. That's it. It's much closer to a BRCC.
Well what shocks would be a good idea to use
When i said kraton shocks i was referring more to 6s shocks

Well what shocks would be a good idea to use
When i said kraton shocks i was referring more to 6s shocks
There are different sizes in the 6S lineup. The Typhon 6S shocks are a close match, but I am beginning to wonder if the rear shock rods are long enough. Looking at my 4S Kraton with Typhon 6S shocks, it seems the shock rod is limiting the range of the rear arms. They are level to the ground and will drop a little further if I unscrew the shock bottom end.

There are different sizes in the 6S lineup. The Typhon 6S shocks are a close match, but I am beginning to wonder if the rear shock rods are long enough. Looking at my 4S Kraton with Typhon 6S shocks, it seems the shock rod is limiting the range of the rear arms. They are level to the ground and will drop a little further if I unscrew the shock bottom end.
Do you have the stock shocks? Measure them and then measure the 6s Typhon shocks.

If the stock shocks don't leak, they are the best option.

Do you have the stock shocks? Measure them and then measure the 6s Typhon shocks.

If the stock shocks don't leak, they are the best option.
I never bought the stock 4S shocks, as my frankenarrma was a Granite Mega to begin with and then a Granite 3S, now a Kraton 4S. Not much remains from the Mega or 3S Granite rigs tho. Went from Mega shocks to Typhon 6S shocks in the last Granite 3S version.

The 6s Typhon is 7lbs 9oz. The Granite 3s BLX is 6lbs 4 oz. The Kraton 4s is 8 lbs. I see the Typhon 6s shocks as being stiff for a Granite and maybe a hair soft for the Kraton 4s. The Kraton 6s is 10lbs 11oz. Those shocks would be way too stiff for the 3s/4s rigs.

The 6s Typhon is 7lbs 9oz. The Granite 3s BLX is 6lbs 4 oz. The Kraton 4s is 8 lbs. I see the Typhon 6s shocks as being stiff for a Granite and maybe a hair soft for the Kraton 4s. The Kraton 6s is 10lbs 11oz. Those shocks would be way too stiff for the 3s/4s rigs.
Well are the springs compatible with the 4s?
If they are big bore shocks

Well are the springs compatible with the 4s?
If they are big bore shocks
Why would you want to run springs meant for an almost 11lb truck in an 8lb truck?

I just put on the Kraton 6S springs (AR330507) on my Typhon 6S shocks fitted on my Kraton 4S rear. They are for sure longer and stiffer than the Typhon springs. I am about to run them and see whats up. I think my issue is the length of the rod tho.

What shock oil would you recommend on these?
50wt in my brcc. Similar ebay shocks but I think weight of fluid doesn't exactly depend on specific shocks as long as they fit.
I mean, I'd put 50 in any of em. Mostly because it's what I have on hand and so far works. Plus I just bash my trucks and make it up as I go along.

LOL! Dude, please read my above comments. Having the 110mm shocks front/rear was temporary until the set from China arrived. Plus, I have two other cars that can use the extra 110mm. I also posted a video where I talk about the shocks both being 110mm etc.

As it turns out, the full set with the white springs arrived today and I've already posted pics of them to the forum earlier. I've also already filmed videos ramping with the 'correct' lengths so I will combine and upload them to YouTube and in-turn the forum. It turns out the rear actually measured 127mm eye-to-eye, which makes them nearly identical to the Arrma "Big Bore" shocks in length, as opposed to the advertised 132mm.
full

full

full

full

I will upload that vid with the white shocks after I have a ?
Cheers!
Its just so funny getting a hard time over the two 110mm shocks front/rear after I emphasize that point several times in my video. Yes, I know! LOL!
Whoa dude, you're 3s shocks look like they had one too many tacos:poop:

My 3s shocks on the BRCC were leaking out of the box pretty much. I went with the Typhon shocks and have been happy since.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back