Shoe Goo color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay18

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Is the black the same as the clear besides the color of course? don't think ive seen anyone use the black but I can get it cheaper.

Yes, black and clear are the same compound.

Thanks.
Has anyone tried something that sprays on like flex seal or truck bed liner over the drywall tape?
I’ve tried flex seal and it was meh. Didn’t stick super well. I imagine bed liner would be too rigid.

I’d stick with the tried and true shoe goo.

Thanks. What are the areas that usually crack on the Kraton body?

Front shock towers poke through the body and wheel wells crack eventually.

Overall I don’t think Kraton body really needs to be reinforced.

Here’s what my body looks like after like 50 packs :
IMG_0880.JPG

The whole Kraton body sucks. Weak and thin as hell. It starts to crack at the "A" pillars, no matter how much ShooGoo and D-wall tape you use. I would
Get a PL Brute Armor body or similar unbreakable. What I did with my Kraton. I have the new Red Kraton body for the shelf. Unused. Been through too many OE Kraton bodies. ($39. at JennysRC)
I stopped wasting time and $$ on ShooGoo and D-wall tape. Cheaper to replace the body than use $much$ ShooGoo. Breaks anyway.
I use E6000 ( commercial trade name for Shoogoo) Often found cheaper in a hardware store or THD.
ShooGoo fixed my recent pair of Nike sneakers. What it is known for.
Great to have in your RC tool box. I just don't use it any more for RC bodies.
I would use Gorilla tape to patch what breaks as I go. Tape at the body post holes if anything when the body is new. And above the front Tower. Also a weak spot. But stopped replacing the Kraton body altogether. I only Wish it was thick lexan like the Notorious and OC bodies.
A thick Nylon wire tie cut to fit and Hot glued to the length under the rear lip of the Kraton body helps. (y) (y) FWIW. Also a weak area. That makes its way ripping the the rear post holes.
These are basher bodies and don't need to be pristine and great looking. They just need to stay secured to the chassis well enough.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back