Typhon Shoe goo experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pop Pop Jim

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all once again an intro to me, I am newish to rc cars and got a typhon 6s this week.

I wanted to share a bizarre project I tried. I saw the shoe goo and drywall tape body mod on youtube so I gave it a try. The drywall tape is supposed to hold it together and the shoe goo is flexible but strong adhesive. I didn't have drywall tape so I used some fiberglass matt I had laying around.

I measured and cut a piece of fiberglass, I smeared the body shell with shoe goo, I put the fiberglass on, another layer of shoe goo on top and smoothed it down the best I could. I opted for the shoe goo instead of resin since the shoe goo is more flexible so my thought is resin is more likely to crack.

Is this a good idea? I have no idea. Will this last? Probably not. Was this messy? Very. Is it fun experimenting and tinkering just as much as burning through batteries? ABSOLUTELY!

Have a good weekend everybody

20210416_001445.jpg

20210416_024515.jpg

20210416_001445.jpg

20210416_024435.jpg

Don't think I ever saw anyone use that fiberglass woven sheet before. Guessing the shoegoo stuck to it pretty good? Would have to imagine if it adhered well, it will hold up for quite some time. But, on a buggy, the bodies hold up way better anyway without anything because they rarely touch the ground. The towers/wing hit first.

Would be interested to see how that would work on a truck body though.

I cracked the body on the first run with my last sct. And than again many more times lol. Ill update as time goes on.

The fiberglass is forever married to the body. It is pretty hard but still flexible without cracking or making any noises. I could have done a better job on the sides towards the bottom of the body but thats ok.

An sct is what appears to be the worst case scenario for a body. Soooo much body that it hits the ground hard and badly more often than anything else. If it held up with that, then it should do wonders for a MT or truggy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back