Shoe Goo in Europe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nino

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Anyone find a good (cheap) source or an alternative? Shoe Goo was banned in Europe, so they made Shoe Goo II. But even that is hard to find and expensive as hell. Twice the price compared to US, and then (for me) shipping to Croatia on top...

With the current prices of shoe goo I may as well just get another body 🤬

I tried some other gooey gluey stuff but nothing comes close...

There are a few "think outside the box" alternatives to Shoe Goo, Goop etc.. surprised they are not common. I did three bodies for ARRMAFORUM. First two were slightly the same. In the first, I used automotive body patch mesh and trowel on Undercoating. This was a TANK seriously. I was deliberately trying to crack the body(as in the GIF, thats me lol). It was great, until winter came and it separated from the shell. Minor setback and I can do it again! The second, I accounted for temperatures. I used the same body patch mesh but an extreme temperature Automotive spray adhesive top coated with a spray on Undercoater rated to -40. Several bad smacks and no damage yet. The third? I used something that I buy at least twice a month for work. Surprised no one else posts about using it. One of the few adhesives that are very effective on the polycarbonate bodies. Stiffened the heck out of the body while remaining flexible.
So yeah, lots of alternatives. Its just a matter of looking up and finding out what works and what doesn't.
20201104_204928_1_3.gif

Anyone find a good (cheap) source or an alternative? Shoe Goo was banned in Europe, so they made Shoe Goo II. But even that is hard to find and expensive as hell. Twice the price compared to US, and then (for me) shipping to Croatia on top...

You need stuff like liquid rubber or rubber repair.
I found out this also works (not as good as shoe goo but close).
You have that available locally?

1612427025224.png
1612427051714.png

Yup, I used Bison liquid rubber before (Bison stuff is available at hardware stores over here), but it wasn't as good, as you say.

Anyway, I found a shop in Germany that still had 7 tubes of original shoe goo in stock and I bought them all :D

I used e6000 to repair a crack in the front bumper mount from previous owner. Holds up very well.

IMG_20210301_091134103.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you could use silicone or acrylic sealant (the stuff used around the bathroom etc). It's pretty tough and stays flexible (maybe too flexible?).
I just like the way shoe goo works since I first used it.

Shoogoo will get you high. Be careful. Just kidding. But maybe why its banned in EU? IDK. California hasn't banned it here in the States. And Cali. usually bans everything.:LOL: Cali would ban shoelaces if it caused cancer in moths.:ROFLMAO: Just joking of course. No offense Cali guys and Gals.:)

@nino, Try sourcing E6000. ( same identical stuff) It is the Commercial Trade name for Shoogoo here in the states. What I actually use instead of Shoogoo. Maybe that will help. I get it at The Home Depot by me.
Good luck.:cool:

@nino, Try sourcing E6000. ( same identical stuff) It is the Commercial Trade name for Shoogoo here in the states. What I actually use instead of Shoogoo. Maybe that will help. I get it at The Home Depot by me.
Good luck.:cool:

My bashing buddy found a local distributor that carries E6000, he tried it out (on an E Revo body, oh the blasphemy! :rolleyes:), looks like good stuff!
The knockoffs I ordered off aliexpress some time ago didn't impress me, but this looks like the real deal.

@tdikyle it's actually called that!? :D
Awesome. Probably available in UK only though.

Here in the States E6000 is the commercial version of Shoogoo. Shoogoo is found more at retail home stores. E6000 is used by the commercial Trades.
Same identical adhesive to each other. Just relabeled. E6000 is aprox. $6.00 USD for 2 oz. (59.1ml) If doing a whole RC body it adds up.
Many guys use Clear Flex Seal in the can. Supposedly a lot cheaper. I don't know that it is better.

My bashing buddy found a local distributor that carries E6000, he tried it out (on an E Revo body, oh the blasphemy! :rolleyes:), looks like good stuff!
The knockoffs I ordered off aliexpress some time ago didn't impress me, but this looks like the real deal.

@tdikyle it's actually called that!? :D
Awesome. Probably available in UK only though.
Yeah it's actually called that, it's an expression here in the UK, not sure if other country's say it, but to say something is the dogs bollocks is to say it's awesome/the best/amazing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back