Kraton Shoe goo? What to use to repair body cracks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What does everyone use? Got some cracks in my body shell.

Attachments

• EAC5E897-B268-4C44-AB61-2CD057CFC72B.jpeg
    EAC5E897-B268-4C44-AB61-2CD057CFC72B.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 82
  • B7F84B85-ACE4-400F-8676-6807403CD320.jpeg
    B7F84B85-ACE4-400F-8676-6807403CD320.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 58
Depending on the body and location of the crack. I've always put a few layers of tape on the inside of the body across the crack

I've used gorilla tape before. I've used duct tape, painter's tape anything will work. But realize that this isn't a permanent fix. Just a band aid.

i drill small holes on each side of the crack and loop a zip tie through. i only do it to big cracks so i don't care about visuals

I put 3 to 4 layers gortilla tape inside the body before first run. On the shocktowers i use felt pads to rpevent it from becoming holes. Same i just put on my sons car right where the body mount is. And last weekend i used a hot glue pen to repiar my sons body. (His cars body broke after we had a front crash where i didnt pay attention). Gonna see how this works/lasts.

Best fix IMO would be drywall tape/ shoo goo. Next option good ole Gorilla tape.

I seriously used some pop cans and pop rivets to fix the body on my 2wd Stampede. I still have that body around someplace.

I use the clear Flex Seal on all my RC's.
Depending on the condition, age, etc of the body shell , I spray 1 or more coats inside, letting them dry between coats. This stuff works great. Creates a strong flexable shell and conforms to all the nooks and crannies of the body.
Kinda surprised others arnt using this great product,

Super glue the crack, especially the end to prevent it from continuing, then gorilla tape with super glue for extra adhesive. If possible do a cross patter with gorilla tape.

In addition to these suggestions, drill a hole at the end of the crack to contain it and keep it from continuing along it's path.

I had a few cracks on my Granite at the rear I guess its the shock towers punching through, I have now used hot glue to even it out as it has a channel, added a bit more over it to bring some stability to it and then added a layer of doublesided servo tape to it that should soften the punches a bit I hope - I may add, the loom side from velcro onto the shock towers to do the same - will see how that goes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back