Kraton Shoehorning a MAX6 into the Kraton EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Alrighty boys and girls - someone got tired of waiting for his Kraton EXB to arrive and may have done a bad thing and picked up another Kraton EXB at the local hobby shop today.

So now I'm looking at my shiny new MAX6 and my shiny new Kraton EXB and wondering the best way to orient it on the ESC pad. If I orient it so that the length is running left/right, it fits within the raised lip of the pad but comes really close to the center diff cup. If I orient it so that the length is running front/back, I probably have to shim it or cut the off the lip on the pad.

I searched through a few build threads but didn't see much. So all of you MAX6 + Kraton 6s folks, how are you installing your ESC?

Position and orientation is the same as stock ESC. I believe I just trimmed off the lips on the stock ESC mount, that's all. rest is just wiggling it into position, a little room towards the front so the servo mount does not bind and yes it will be closer to the motor pinion but plenty of room.

Fits no problems
0B94D3F8-9071-4367-9EE6-BF54799889DE.jpeg

That is in a Kraton not exb

That’s a popular see for the Kraton. Like the guys say above about the lip and I mounting mine with 4 screws into the holes on the bottom of the esc along with some servo tape. In the picture you can barely see I ran the switch under the brace, drive shaft and mounted it on the receiver box.
FDEA3DDB-6897-4C5B-B983-56B42B272C47.jpeg

The MAX6 fit like a glove. Also helped to take the plastic wire guide/clamp off which gave a little more room. Thanks again for all the guidance and pics.

Need to get some shorter ESC to motor wires and I guess I should pull the rear diff to make sure it’s shimmed properly.

Attachments

• 932C387B-9C1A-4EF9-99C9-C48C8CB39507.jpeg
    932C387B-9C1A-4EF9-99C9-C48C8CB39507.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 145
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back