BLX Shop has told me the teeth on this is no good ??

Nitr0EngiEx

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Umm where is the gear housing bulkheads

The gear looks ok from this angle

It looks like the metal insert came out of the bulkhead. Do you have more pictures? Pictures of the car?

Last edited:
Thread starter #5

Ktc888

Arrma RC's
Kraton
Like an idiot I hit the only concrete stump in the field flat out. Smashed all the front end and bent all the chassis

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious
Any comments will be appriciated.

My local store today told me that the teeth on this are no good :(

The car is a week old lol

Like an idiot I hit the only concrete stump in the field flat out. Smashed all the front end and bent all the chassis
Ah, ok. Based on your initial post it sounded like you were just riding along casually and boom, your pinion broke. And only a week old. Same on you Arrma! Then we come to find out you rammed it head first into concrete at full speed. Sounds like a new pinion in the least of your problems. It's hard to tell if it shot based on your picture, but I don't see why the LHS would say it was shot when it wasn't.

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton, Typhon
Updated picture...
Can you take a closer picture of just the gear? The picture that you just posted, while clearer, is still from pretty far away so it makes it difficult to really see the teeth. It looks like the teeth on the lower right of the gear are rounded but it's difficult to see since it's so far away.

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
Turn on the cell phone flash and touch the screen on the gear - that will normally force it to focus on what you touch.

But the teeth look mostly OK. Did the diff ring gear lose any teeth? If it looks OK, then the pinion is probably ok too.

But with all that said, go ahead and buy a spare ring and pinion. That is a good spare to have on hand.

stuartd

Arrma RC's
Outcast, Talion
That is the best I can get it without camera blurring
The green object at the top of the pic is in focus. I'd suggest keeping high contrast items out of the frame to stop the phone being too clever, then focus on the gear, as close as possible but keeping it sharply in focus. Take the pic, then zoom in a little on your phone and take a screenshot of the zoomed in image. Upload the sharp and zoomed in screenie. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
richNH Kraton 1
Schuey Senton 6S BLX 2
J Kraton 11
T Kraton 34