Kraton Shop has told me the teeth on this is no good ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktc888

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Any comments will be appriciated.

My local store today told me that the teeth on this are no good :(

The car is a week old lol

Attachments

• 20181107_180445.jpg
    20181107_180445.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 138
Umm where is the gear housing bulkheads

The gear looks ok from this angle

It looks like the metal insert came out of the bulkhead. Do you have more pictures? Pictures of the car?

Last edited:
Bulkhead has snapped in half but yes you are right the inserts are still on the cog

Attachments

• 15416281417641916174774.jpg
    15416281417641916174774.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 47
Like an idiot I hit the only concrete stump in the field flat out. Smashed all the front end and bent all the chassis

Any comments will be appriciated.

My local store today told me that the teeth on this are no good :(

The car is a week old lol

Like an idiot I hit the only concrete stump in the field flat out. Smashed all the front end and bent all the chassis

Ah, ok. Based on your initial post it sounded like you were just riding along casually and boom, your pinion broke. And only a week old. Same on you Arrma! Then we come to find out you rammed it head first into concrete at full speed. Sounds like a new pinion in the least of your problems. It's hard to tell if it shot based on your picture, but I don't see why the LHS would say it was shot when it wasn't.

This is how the chassis was!

Oops, I hit a manhole once that was sticking up about 3 inches in some taller grass just off where I was running. A little bobble and Shazam, sent it end over end for about 30 feet. It needed a few parts after that.

Updated picture...
Can you take a closer picture of just the gear? The picture that you just posted, while clearer, is still from pretty far away so it makes it difficult to really see the teeth. It looks like the teeth on the lower right of the gear are rounded but it's difficult to see since it's so far away.

That is the best I can get it without camera blurring

Attachments

• 15416883841531975652843.jpg
    15416883841531975652843.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 63
Turn on the cell phone flash and touch the screen on the gear - that will normally force it to focus on what you touch.

But the teeth look mostly OK. Did the diff ring gear lose any teeth? If it looks OK, then the pinion is probably ok too.

But with all that said, go ahead and buy a spare ring and pinion. That is a good spare to have on hand.

I'm waiting on bulkhead to be delivered because I smashed it up I'll fit and try it when it comes but I appriciate your advice

That is the best I can get it without camera blurring

The green object at the top of the pic is in focus. I'd suggest keeping high contrast items out of the frame to stop the phone being too clever, then focus on the gear, as close as possible but keeping it sharply in focus. Take the pic, then zoom in a little on your phone and take a screenshot of the zoomed in image. Upload the sharp and zoomed in screenie. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back