short course Granite 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitostatus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
So I have a granite and a senton. I love my granite and wanted to s.c. race with it. I was having a hard time in the corners with the monster tires. So I swapped them out for the senton wheels. I have to say my granite dominated the sentons and slashes and other sc trucks. It went from struggling in the corners to holeshot king. Has anyone else tried this setup? Is it something I could use in bigger s.c. races?

Can you post a pick the granite wit the SC ties on it? I have taken my granite to the track. It looked so big big next to all the 1/10 scale buggies. Bunch of the guys were asking me about it. The monster truck looked so mean out there on the track. I'm not sure about what class you can race it in though. I've never raced I've only gone on practice nights..

granite.jpg

Can you post a pick the granite wit the SC ties on it? I have taken my granite to the track. It looked so big big next to all the 1/10 scale buggies. Bunch of the guys were asking me about it. The monster truck looked so mean out there on the track. I'm not sure about what class you can race it in though. I've never raced I've only gone on practice nights..
Here you go. its been a way better handling experience for the races. i put the senton bumper on it as well, has a better skid angle, but is weighing my front end bad so i did some shock adjustments as well as put a little weight in the back. we will see how she runs. thanks for the post, hope you find this useful. P.S. i took second. beat a handful of sentons.

Last edited:
I'll second the notion that Granite + decent tires = great handling truck. I put 17mm hexs on mine, and some 1/8 buggy tires (about the same size as SC tires) and it handles great! I have not had a chance to take it to the track, but I am wanting too. Been too long since I was at the track...

20180419_051314.jpg

View attachment 18786

Here you go. its been a way better handling experience for the races. i put the senton bumper on it as well, has a better skid angle, but is weighing my front end bad so i did some shock adjustments as well as put a little weight in the back. we will see how she runs. thanks for the post, hope you find this useful. P.S. i took second. beat a handful of sentons.
Nice pic! Thanks for posting. What size pinion gear are you using with those tires? With these sct tires on it, I feel like this turns your granite into a truggy, right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back