Granite Short run time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey friends.

Just got my new Arrma Granite 4x4 BLX in the mail 2 days days ago. I bought a brand new 5400 mAh 3s lipo battery with it. So far I've taken it for three runs I can only get 5-6:30mins out of it from full charge. I checked the ESC calibration is set to Lipos and it is... Sooooo what's going on?

20200408_104035.jpg
20200410_154301.jpg

Call Horizon. They are repairing ESCs by flashing the firmware. It has a flaw.

Call Horizon. They are repairing ESCs by flashing the firmware. It has a flaw.

Intrigued. I guess I shouldn't worry on my blx100 since I was able to get full run time down to lvc. Would be nice if we could flash it ourselves. I'm so used to my drones where I can flash whatever I want. I also wonder if the firmware hh is flashing has other benefits.

Intrigued. I guess I shouldn't worry on my blx100 since I was able to get full run time down to lvc. Would be nice if we could flash it ourselves. I'm so used to my drones where I can flash whatever I want. I also wonder if the firmware hh is flashing has other benefits.
Me too. I want a firmware file so we can poke around and possibly unlock features that Arrma has locked us out of. The BLX100 is the last ESC that you can disable LVC. All of the others have this option removed.

Wait...disable lvc? How? Now that I am going to be using the smc lvc it would be great if I can disable it. I'm gonna re-read the manual unless it is not in there.

Wait...disable lvc? How? Now that I am going to be using the smc lvc it would be great if I can disable it. I'm gonna re-read the manual unless it is not in there.
NiMH mode is the same as disable LVC.

NiMH mode is the same as disable LVC.
Hi all , also new to the hobby and made the granite mega my car of choice to start , really enjoying it so far , quick question about the above , if I’m using lipo then it goes in LVC can I switch into NIMH mode to get longer running times ?

Hi all , also new to the hobby and made the granite mega my car of choice to start , really enjoying it so far , quick question about the above , if I’m using lipo then it goes in LVC can I switch into NIMH mode to get longer running times ?
Possibly. Depends on if your run time is shortened by the lvc cut off or if you are having another issue. You would want to pick up a lipo alarm and set it to like 3.2 - 3.4 and have the truck in Nimh mode. Using the alarm to know when to stop to protect batteries

Possibly. Depends on if your run time is shortened by the lvc cut off or if you are having another issue. You would want to pick up a lipo alarm and set it to like 3.2 - 3.4 and have the truck in Nimh mode. Using the alarm to know when to stop to protect batteries
Cheers , I checked my batteries and they are running down to around that in Lipo mode so probably not worth it , was just looking for a way to maybe extend run time , think maybe the time just goes quick when you’re having fun

Cheers , I checked my batteries and they are running down to around that in Lipo mode so probably not worth it , was just looking for a way to maybe extend run time , think maybe the time just goes quick when you’re having fun
Time is definitely lost when having fun with these. I'd recommend actually timing your runtimes with a stop watch/ clock app on your phone. If you are wide open on the throttle non stop. Expect 10 minutes off a 5200mah 2s. Standard runtimes should fall in the 15-20 minute range though.

There are known issues with the brushless 3s esc causing lvc to kick in too low and the fix for that seems to be either to factory reset the esc, or contacting HH to handle it under warranty. I believe the issue exists on the brushed versions as well, but there is not a method to factory reset the esc on these that I can tell

I reset my esc and it worked. On mine and my friends. Did a factory esc reset followed by controller calibration. Now we can hit factory lvc but that was only 3.7v so I went out and got a lvc alarm and have it set to 3.2v and I switched my esc to Ni-mH mode. Cheers!

If you like lipo fires, yes. Have some hot dogs and marshmallows nearby.

Time is definitely lost when having fun with these. I'd recommend actually timing your runtimes with a stop watch/ clock app on your phone. If you are wide open on the throttle non stop. Expect 10 minutes off a 5200mah 2s. Standard runtimes should fall in the 15-20 minute range though.

There are known issues with the brushless 3s esc causing lvc to kick in too low and the fix for that seems to be either to factory reset the esc, or contacting HH to handle it under warranty. I believe the issue exists on the brushed versions as well, but there is not a method to factory reset the esc on these that I can te

I reset my esc and it worked. On mine and my friends. Did a factory esc reset followed by controller calibration. Now we can hit factory lvc but that was only 3.7v so I went out and got a lvc alarm and have it set to 3.2v and I switched my esc to Ni-mH mode. Cheers!
Make sure you get the alarm mounted securely. I had a run today where it fell off and I didn't notice. I have the granite and senton so when one beeps we check both and noticed it was out. Ended up crawling down a storm drain to get the alarm back. So I highly recommended securing the alarm

Yes you can but you have to use an external lipo alarm. Lipo batteries are like thermite. You can get an external lipo checker/adjustable lvc alarm for .99 cents but I went and paid $12.19 at the hobby shop because I wanted it now after all that down time. If you can wait, buy them online. https://www.amazon.com/YKS-Battery-...eywords=lipo+lvc+alarm&qid=1609133507&sr=8-14
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-RC-1-8s...432573?hash=item33d5b04abd:g:qCUAAMXQ9y9SMtXV

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back