Granite short runtime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonracer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys new to the forum and electric RC just got my Granite love this thing but I only get 5 minutes of runtime on 3s 4500mah 5c batteries the esc flashes red if I turn it off then back on i can run for a couple more minutes then it does it again any help is appreciated thank you

5C battery is definitely not enough. For 3s you need 35C 5000mAh minimum but would suggest 40 or 50C.

Agreed... I beleive the battery is at fault.. these little esc's are quite demanding..

Also when the red light on the esc is flashing, that is indicating the esc has cut out due to low battery voltage(LVC). It is a safety feature to protect the battery from being drained to low which is bad for battery life. By turning the power off then on again you are resetting it which allows it to drain more from the battery. This is bad and I would not suggest doing it. Upgrade your battery and you'll have more runtime and more power punch.
Have fun.?

Yep, as others have said, your hitting low voltage. The lipo voltage for a 3S pack should be around 12.5v when fully charged and your LVC will turn off the ESC when it gets to 10.2v. This can happen before the battery is fully discharged due to the battery not being able to provide enough current to the ESC. The C rating gives you an idea how much current a lipo can supply. The 5C rating is an estimate. It’s not usually accurate either. On your particular lipo (5000mah) 5C output would only be 25A. Your ESC is rated to pull 100A at full throttle. When your ESC tries to pull 100A and the lipo exceeds its theoretical limit of 25A, the voltage will drop significantly, which the ESC reads as a discharged lipo and activates LVC mode.

5C battery is definitely not enough. For 3s you need 35C 5000mAh minimum but would suggest 40 or 50C.
Sorry it is a 50c Battery 4500mah Balance charged checked with voltmeter had 10.8v after sitting thanks for the response
Thanks guys for the responses it is a 50c battery my bad will run the truck again today and get some voltage readings both batteries are fully charged and brand new will update later

Sorry it is a 50c Battery 4500mah Balance charged checked with voltmeter had 10.8v after sitting thanks for the response
Thanks guys for the responses it is a 50c battery my bad will run the truck again today and get some voltage readings both batteries are fully charged and brand new will update later

I think someone else on here was having similar problems with new Lectron batteries. After a switch to something else the problem was gone.

If it’s a 3S lipo and fully charged, 10.8v is very low and that’s your problem. It should be around 12.5v fully balance charged (4.2v per cell)

That was my suggestion, try a different lipo from a friend.

If it’s a 3S lipo and fully charged, 10.8v is very low and that’s your problem. It should be around 12.5v fully balance charged (4.2v per cell)
sorry the 10.8v was after running the truck it was 12.6v after charging. I ran the truck again today got about 8 minutes out of it checked the battery as soon as the truck slowed it was at 11,0v I did a default reset on the ESC and relearned the throttle afterwards before running the truck. I have read new batteries may need a few cycles to activate? thanks for the replies

sorry the 10.8v was after running the truck it was 12.6v after charging. I ran the truck again today got about 8 minutes out of it checked the battery as soon as the truck slowed it was at 11,0v I did a default reset on the ESC and relearned the throttle afterwards before running the truck. I have read new batteries may need a few cycles to activate? thanks for the replies

"activate" Good luck with that.

I don’t think that’s a thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back