Shorted a Lipo...

Currently reading:
Shorted a Lipo...

BennyMac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Was replacing the deans connector off a new battery with XT90s and accidentally crossed the wires with pliers (doh!). It sparked and the wires right where I crossed it were a little hot, battery is fine. Do you think I've damaged the battery? Safe to use?

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can you check it on your charger? Mine checks each cell when you plug it in and will tell you if you have bed cells in the battery.

BennyMac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Can you check it on your charger? Mine checks each cell when you plug it in and will tell you if you have bed cells in the battery.

Yeah I have a Swallow EQ charger and it does a battery check. I've put it on and it didn't come up with anything. I assume it is all good.

AT06

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I did the exact same thing a few months ago - nearly blew my pliers up, gave a nice big spark, but the battery was fine. Just make sure it doesn't puff up on the first few runs afterwards but I wouldn't worry at all.

BennyMac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Cool cool, thanks for the replies. It was exciting MrFurious40k, big arc of the pliers - my son was watching and he was like "is that normal Dad?" ! I was like "Ahhh... well not really" trying to act cool lol.