Should Arrma release more 1/10 scale 3S BLX models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dulb_D

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Now that the Kraton 8S has been announced (arguably for the maybe 1000 people across the US that will purchase one - joking, kind of) do you think Arrma should introduce some new 1/10th scale 4x4 3S BLX models - or even 1/16 like a mini e-revo killer? I personally would like to see Arrma offer a Rally car, DB (or offer a DB conversion kit for the Senton/Typhon chassis) or even 2wd versions of existing models. I think the 3S BLX line is much more practical for most people, especially those living in cities or areas where outdoor RC/BMX tracks are non-existent so space is limited.

What do you guys think?

I don't care for 1/16 scale, never owned anything smaller than 1/10. Not into road cars or crawlers, so I can't see whats left to come up with. I'm a truck guy and Granite and BRCC has things covered.

It would be easy for Arrma to release a "new" 1/10 truck by using a typhon/outcast chassis plate (would be nice in 4mm as they only use 6061 alu), with the mojave a-arms, HD chassis braces and a BRCC body. This would be a beast and maybe the strongest of Arrma and a concurrent of the Maxx.

If they do anything to to the BRCC it should be an upgrade on the plastic drive shafts so I can run lockers without poping u joints.

I’m with @bicketybam I think they should stick to what they do best which is big, fast and tough. Sending a 1/16 scale hotwheel 20ft in the air won’t have that orgasmic feel to it.
Maybe good for jumps off your living room coffee table. 1/10 is as small as I go. And 1/8 is where the fun starts for me.

From my selfish viewpoint NO!! Having run 1/8 6S I couldn't go back to 1/10 3S and not be bored. That said, there is certainly a market for them for young/new users or those with limited space. I also think Arrma has more than adequate selection for 1/10 3S rigs.

Now, chant with me...
MORE 8S...MORE 8S...MORE 8S!!!

Arrma's 1/10 line up is adequate. Arrma knows where their bread is buttered. And its not 1/10 right now at least. The 1/10 market is saturated well enough in general.

There's a trend today that people want more large scale, look around, many companies offer them and I believe we will be seeing more of them. 1/10 scale is not going anywhere, I actually dig them, but like said above 1/8 scale is awesome.

Before releasing any new 1/10 models, first fix the spur gear cover. These cars self destruct by just looking at sand. I’m replacing motor bearing every 2-3 packs.

A v2 That fixes both that and the leaky shocks - and then they can release whatever they want.

I don't own any 1/10 Arrmas. Nor would I want to.
I have many 1/10 rigs past and present. I feel what I have blows away Arrmas offerings in 1/10.
I ended up with Arrma because I was in the market for RTR 1/8 scale. I think that's Arrmas claim to fame in their 10 years of existence. I think most will agree. I still consider my Tekno MT the best out the gate. And only because I am a builder at heart.

Last edited:
Arrmas has most bases covered in 10th scale already. No rock racer or dB but horizon has Losi for that, and Axial for crawlers.
If you want a Mt, buggy or truggy smaller than 1/10 check out lc Racing. They aren’t cheap toys but they are a little pricy.

Arrmas has most bases covered in 10th scale already. No rock racer or dB but horizon has Losi for that, and Axial for crawlers.
If you want a Mt, buggy or truggy smaller than 1/10 check out lc Racing. They aren’t cheap toys but they are a little pricy.
Yeah I know HH is probably trying to avoid unnecessary cross competition between it's brands but... an Arrma 10th scale 3S brushless rally car could be something new that the other brands don't seem to offer. A Lancia Stratosish looking car or a Suzuki Escudo (Pikes Peak) looking car would be pretty cool, IMO...

A 4s big rock. With metal crown and input gears for the diffs. Typhon 3s 17mm axles with a 12mm offset. Typhon a arms. Center tower to tower brace. Basically how my big rock is now. Quite the money pit but it drives perfect. Stock 3s line was a let down. Big time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back