Outcast Should have known better...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
...than to not change the stock washers under the shock piston.
Was catching some decent air today off my home made ramp. Had a couple of hard(ish) landings on the rear wheels...and on a few landings one rear wheel touched down first thereby bearing the brunt of the initial impact.
Shortly thereafter noticed the rear end was acting a little wonky, so pulled apart the rear shocks and to no surprise I found this; one completely cracked in half and the other was cracked but hanging on the other side by a thread.
Worst part is I have had the bigger washers for a while, but had not gotten around to installing them as yet.
Should have known better based on the earlier posts I had read...live and learn I guess.

IMG_0911.JPG

Dang, I am in the same boat, I have the washers but haven't put them in yet. Did you find new pistons? I wonder if you could make some of your own out of kydex.

Dang, I am in the same boat, I have the washers but haven't put them in yet. Did you find new pistons? I wonder if you could make some of your own out of kydex.

The Arrma kit is not available anywhere.
Was looking at these but not sure if they are the same inner/outer diameter.

https://www.rcplanet.com/Mugen_Damper_Piston_p/muge0544.htm

Fabbing these will be very difficult unless they are machined...the diameter needs to be perfect, and perfectly circular.

Maybe look at the revo vdp piston kit to see if it fits. Then it would be an upgrade.

I think my outcast knew that I saw this thread. I figured I could get away with one more bash... nope. Both rears, one is just cracked and the small washer pushed through.

That sucks bro!!
Get the X-Ray ones I linked above...they work perfectly, and are actually much stronger than the stock ones.
They are conical as well...provides some added strength. I did the washer mod anyhow (3mm washer on top of the original), so should be good moving forward as I am also using a lighter weight oil.

That sucks bro!!
Get the X-Ray ones I linked above...they work perfectly, and are actually much stronger than the stock ones.
They are conical as well...provides some added strength. I did the washer mod anyhow (3mm washer on top of the original), so should be good moving forward as I am also using a lighter weight oil.
I'll have to get some as spares. I actually had a couple arrma ones. I ordered a bunch of spare parts when I first bought my outcast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back