Should I add a Losi DBXLE 2.0 to my fleet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a Losi DBXLE 2.0 with XLX2 combo and thousands of dollars worth of mods to it - how does it compare to a K8S EXB? Mine is running a Spektrum 780kv with 160amp esc.

The Losi looks like a work of art so I thought I’d ask if anyone here owns one or knows much about the DBXLE 2.0

My alternative is to upgrade my electronics…hmmm

Cheers
Marko

I would say if it looks I’m good condition and you are thinking you’d like a true 1/5 go for it! I’ve had a couple 1/5 rc And that dbxl e 2.0 is a nice one. It’s well built and actually built for the 1/5 abuse. I just got a Losi 5B from a guy not far away from me. I wasn’t sure to buy it or not but did and I’m not disappointed. I think you’ll see that the Losi DBXL2.0 is a much better built beast of a 1/5 car then the Kraton 8S

That’s just my opinion but I do love large scale rc. I’ve got a RCMK XCR1000 that needs work, but it is essentially the same car as the Losi DBXL gas

Yeah I’ve always had a soft spot for Losi - my first RX back in the 90s was a Team Losi JRXT :)

Yeah the mods on this DBXLE 2.0 is just crazy, over 4K on mods AND he has kept all of the stock parts as well

Will it be nicer to drive than my K8S EXB? That is the question as the guy is asking for 3.5k AUD but it owes him over 6.5k…it is serious money so need to think whether I do it or not hmmmm - he has rarely driven the car, it’s really a work of art which attracts me - kinda a trophy piece

The Losi DBXL as nothing to compare with a Kraton/Outcast 8S, DBXL is a true 1/5 scale with 1/5 scale mecanic.
I've baught the first Kraton 8S when its come out, the V1 was so weak, this rig get me out from the hobby from one year, i sold it.
One year later i baught a DBXL 2.0 12S, and this rig put smile on my face every time i go out with it.

But i warn you, you will not do the same things with a DBXL and a Kraton/Oucast 8S, the Losi DBXL got a center diff and not a transmission box, he don't have big bore shocks so i will not recomand you to do the same jumps for exemple.

DSC_0735.JPG

Well I’m not into big jumps as such - so the Losi with 12s sounds intriguing…what electronics are u running as I’d assume the XLX2 is not capable to run 12s?

Parts are readily available for the Kraton whereas much harder with Losi here in Australia - I’m thinking I stick with Arrma and get the XLX2 - I actually like the build of Arrma and I’ve had many top end brands such as Losi, Serpent, Xray, Associated & Motonica :)
Just found out now that 3.5k aud don’t include lipos, TX or RX - price is a bit up there - ahhh decisions

Do it ! I added a stock DBXL-E 2.0 to my fleet only a few weeks ago and love it though it's a completely different beast to drive compared to the Kraton/Outcast 8S. It's much more a racer than a basher but can still jump, it's better built - I've only had 15 packs through it but no breakages yet, a record for me ! My only gripe .. it feels a little underpowered out of the box no doubt down to the weight so any motor/esc upgrades would be a bonus.

Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a Losi DBXLE 2.0 with XLX2 combo and thousands of dollars worth of mods to it - how does it compare to a K8S EXB? Mine is running a Spektrum 780kv with 160amp esc.

The Losi looks like a work of art so I thought I’d ask if anyone here owns one or knows much about the DBXLE 2.0

Cheers
Marko
I have been torn between both of these rigs myself

I am glad you made this post hopefully I can finally make my decision

They both have a lot to offer and a large scale rig would be nice to add to the collection

So I ended up buying another EXB today (yep, I know lol) for the reason that it has the goodies that I am after - XLX2 & Spektrum 9120BL servo...bang for buck you cannot beat it - the Losi would cost me close to 5k after I get batteries, TX & RX & not prepared to spend that much, not one 1 car anyway :)

Also got the Notorious which is for my sons 7th birthday for next week cough cough - that will be fun :)

I know you are talking about the DBXL-E 2.0 , but I have the DBXL-E V1 and even that previous model is an absolute tank / very well engineered and built . It was a little slow out of the box ( so isn't a K8S ) , so all I have done to it was up the pinion , ad motor fans , and put in my Futaba 3PV radio ( big improvement on steering !!! ) . My 2 cents , it handles better than a K8S ( it's more race designed ) , but as far as jumping the K8S wins that as long as you land right or you risk breaking an arm . The DBXL-E , while they do fly very stable and nice , the landing it slaps the ground where the K8S just soaks it up .
The one thing that breaks a lot and easy on the DBXL-E is the rear wing .

Yeah the K8S is built for sending it to the moon whereas the Losi is built for off-road circuit - I get it :)

Hi guys,

Cheers
Marko

If I had the funds for it I would definitely go for it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back