Kraton Should I buy a Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErieArrma

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
So I bought a Typhon 6s and its insane, love it. Wore the stock tires bare, waiting for some MX 28s to arrive which will make it more of a truggy basher, but absolutely love the speed, agility and power of the car. Never considered racing but after having this car I can see where it would be fun. It will be interesting to see how I use the car with the different tires. I'm loving these Arrma cars and I'm tempted to pick up a Kraton to replace my MT4-G3 which I will likely sell. BUT am I being irrational?? is the Typhon with bigger wheels all I need or will the Kraton bring me that more diversity and enjoyment in my RC portfolio to justify the cost?? What say you Arrma community?

Go for it! Kraton for bashing/jumping on rougher terrain. I think the typhon is better for smoother dirt/track running. Besides, you can't have too many. Atleast that is what I keep telling my better half when I try to justify the missing money haha

So I bought a Typhon 6s and its insane, love it. Wore the stock tires bare, waiting for some MX 28s to arrive which will make it more of a truggy basher, but absolutely love the speed, agility and power of the car. Never considered racing but after having this car I can see where it would be fun. It will be interesting to see how I use the car with the different tires. I'm loving these Arrma cars and I'm tempted to pick up a Kraton to replace my MT4-G3 which I will likely sell. BUT am I being irrational?? is the Typhon with bigger wheels all I need or will the Kraton bring me that more diversity and enjoyment in my RC portfolio to justify the cost?? What say you Arrma community?
Hey hey! Welcome to the forum. The kraton is Definitely a different beast all together... has the longer wheelbase, big MT tires.. you’ll like it.

Yes indeed - the better half is wondering where all the money is going! but YOLO!!! New version of the Talion coming out soon, but Kraton seems to be the flagship basher that would be hard to go wrong with!!
Hey hey! Welcome to the forum. The kraton is Definitely a different beast all together... has the longer wheelbase, big MT tires.. you’ll likeTh
Yes indeed - the better half is wondering where all the money is going! but YOLO!!! New version of the Talion coming out soon, but Kraton seems to be the flagship basher that would be hard to go wrong
Hey hey! Welcome to the forum. The kraton is Definitely a different beast all together... has the longer wheelbase, big MT tires.. you’ll like it.
Thank you sir! Welp, was kinda hoping you guys would talk me out of it, but looks like I have no choice but to go to the hobby shop tomorrow morning :cool:

Absolutely. I started with the Typhon and ended up with a Kraton EXB shortly after. Lol

B3403991-C8E9-425B-BAA7-55DA89B818B2.jpeg

Yes indeed - the better half is wondering where all the money is going! but YOLO!!! New version of the Talion coming out soon, but Kraton seems to be the flagship basher that would be hard to go wrong with!!
Love me a talion, they are also something completely different. So much more balanced.

Love me a talion, they are also something completely different. So much more balanced.
How would you compare the Talion to Kraton? Any thought to the 1/10 Kraton or 1/8 all the way?

Why not just have them both in the arsenal!? 🤷‍♂️💪👍👌🤙

Talion is kinda like the Kraton and Typhon had a baby. Very good balance all around.
Very helpful description, thank you. I love the precise control of the Typhon which is an indy car compared to my big heavy Thunder Tiger which loses steering at speed with the giant tires, even with a higher end servo. I'm guessing the Kraton is night and day more responsive and precise but I'm wondering if I should wait for Talion - what are they saying this summer for the new version?

How would you compare the Talion to Kraton? Any thought to the 1/10 Kraton or 1/8 all the way?
1/8 all the way. That being said, some folks are saying the 1/10 4s line may be getting a completely new setup with an actual center diff, which would be a game changer in my eyes. (But this is just a rumor) so that’s why I say at this point skip the 4s 1/10, that opinion may change soon 🤪

In the 6s lineup , the Talion would be my favorite ,have a V4 , well balanced / easy to control high speeds / jumping etc . I can't wait to see what's in store for the new one !!!! RTR or EXB , I will begetting one !!!!!

In the 6s lineup , the Talion would be my favorite ,have a V4 , well balanced / easy to control high speeds / jumping etc . I can't wait to see what's in store for the new one !!!! RTR or EXB , I will begetting one !!!!!
I like where you are coming from! How would you describe why the Talion experience is the favorite for you?

How is the handling of the Kraton? Does it steer well at speed?
Handles great, it's the king for a reason. It does steer well, with a better servo it will steer even better.

I like where you are coming from! How would you describe why the Talion experience is the favorite for you?
While I had the Typhon , it is a fast little buggy and extremely durable , but it lacked the ground clearance of the Talion / Kraton . Now the Talion vs. Kraton , I wanted something when I pulled the trigger it would take off and not be a wheelie machine , so went with the Talion . It handles like it's on rails , very fast , flies thru the air IMO the best of those three , and if you want the different experience like a Kraton , simply put on a set of the Backflip LP's from the 4s lineup . This is with the Backflip Lp's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back