Kraton Should I buy a Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The matching body on the Typhon is slick.
Thanks, I bought the Typhon (I think v2) as a drag car and it was very well used. Lol. I rebuilt it from the ground up in the last couple of weeks and now its running great and consistent. The kraton is brand new. Modified but had its first outing yesterday. I HAD to get the blue shell lol 😆 💙
Cool colour matching; they look like brothers :D
The Kraton is a tank and can take on everything you throw at it. (y)
Sure is! The thing is an animal on 6s

I had the same problem, started with a Typhon and tried bigger wheels and suspension settings for off road but the Kraton is a vastly different vehicle more suited to heavier terrain. I have both now, picked up a Kraton v5 last week and couldn't be happier. I'm gonna keep my typhon asphalt focused and the kraton will take on grass and rough terrain. Look at the size and clearance differences.

Whatever you decide, good luck!View attachment 135560View attachment 135561View attachment 135562View attachment 135563View attachment 135564
Makes a lot sense to just use the cars where they’re best! What tires do you recommend for the asphalt on the typhon? Have you found anything you can run aggressively more than a few times without ruining the tires? Beautiful looking rigs my man!

Makes a lot sense to just use the cars where they’re best! What tires do you recommend for the asphalt on the typhon? Have you found anything you can run aggressively more than a few times without ruining the tires? Beautiful looking rigs my man!
Umm well haha... tires are now the weakest link by far I've gone through so many some in a battery pack some in 10 seconds (seriously) I love the silver hoons but don't like the price tag too much. I just ordered 3 sets GRP tires s2, s3, s4 so ill see how they get on :)

I'm in Florida so its hot this time of year so I wanted to experiment with compounds
Screenshot_20210329-080641_Chrome.jpg

These are well south of $10 per corner and free shipping over $100

Umm well haha... tires are now the weakest link by far I've gone through so many some in a battery pack some in 10 seconds (seriously) I love the silver hoons but don't like the price tag too much. I just ordered 3 sets GRP tires s2, s3, s4 so ill see how they get on :)

I'm in Florida so its hot this time of year so I wanted to experiment with compounds View attachment 135572

These are well south of $10 per corner and free shipping over $100
Hope they work out! Check back in if you remember and let me know how those work out!

Might aswell just post some pictures to help compare - for those who are deciding.

Kraton 6s V4 , put the Notorious wing on it for reasons unknown, M2C Chassis
Typhon 6s V5 truggified with MX28
Typhon 6s V5 stock with Proline Badlands Buggy tires

The ground clearance of the truggified Typhon is just about the same as with the stock Typhon. The Kraton ground clearance is a lot higher.
Driving the Typhon 6s on 4s is not fun to jump with stock tires. Correction in a jump are just about impossible as the tires are not heavy enough to create momentum. Truggified Typhon 6s on 4s a lot better to correct when jumping.

Kraton vs. truggified Typhon:
20210528_193214.jpg

20210528_193425.jpg

20210528_202946.jpg

20210528_203005.jpg

Typhon 6s Buggy VS. Truggified

20210528_193305.jpg

Parts to truggify 6s Typhon:
20210528_155247.jpg

I found there was pressure from the hex on the bearing. Two outer bearings had blocked on the stock Typhon 6s due to the hex pressure. Had to file some down. Have had that issue with the Mojave on one wheel too.

20210528_184608.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back