Mojave Should I buy a Mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could tell you it was I would love to own a Senton 6s but unfortunately they have been discontinued. One of these days I’ll have one.

I wish I could tell you it was I would love to own a Senton 6s but unfortunately they have been discontinued. One of these days I’ll have one.
Build it!

C3B500BA-C3D5-4BFC-A14D-DAF67C2CEE6D.jpeg

E909961B-364C-4895-9EF3-1FA0759DED83.jpeg

3266F604-350F-416C-A1A3-77F46733C095.jpeg

What did you start with for a base? Typhoon?
Pretty much. M2c speed chassis for the typhon, and then I bought the senton arms/drive shafts/towers/bumpers.

So the only reason I would go RTR is if you have other 6s rigs. This way all the diffs and some other components can be swapped between them and less parts to buy haha Now correct me if I'm wrong, but could you run regular 6s diffs in the exb version without modifications?

Are we expecting a new Mojave RTR version anytime soon?

I have a kraton 6s, a senton 6s, a losi tenacity db pro and a mojave exb. I threw bigger tires on the mojave. The mojave is far and a away my favorite rc I've ever had. Tough as nails, fast as hell, and super fun to drive. The bigger size gives it a tremendous advantage over the senton and losi on rough terrain. The longer wheelbase compared to the kraton gives the mojave an advantage on straightline rough stuff, but it does not do flips, etc as easily, again due to the longer wheelbase. It just is a ballistic tank. Blasts through everything, incredible at higher speeds. It does roll more often than the kraton, but it looks so much cooler going around turns in a drift. Or flying through rough terrain. Just a badass truck. And it's durable. Very durable. I have crashed it HARD so many times I can't even count, and I continue to be amazed it just comes out unscathed. I have broken both bumpers over the last 5 months, but they generally hold up quite well, and I have gone through several body mounts, but even those are more durable than on other trucks (senton in particular, that thing breaks rear body mounts like it's its job.). Senton 6s (with exception of rear body mount) is also extremely durable.
As previously called out, you need space to really take advantage of the mojave. The more the better.

I have a kraton 6s, a senton 6s, a losi tenacity db pro and a mojave exb. I threw bigger tires on the mojave. The mojave is far and a away my favorite rc I've ever had. Tough as nails, fast as hell, and super fun to drive. The bigger size gives it a tremendous advantage over the senton and losi on rough terrain. The longer wheelbase compared to the kraton gives the mojave an advantage on straightline rough stuff, but it does not do flips, etc as easily, again due to the longer wheelbase. It just is a ballistic tank. Blasts through everything, incredible at higher speeds. It does roll more often than the kraton, but it looks so much cooler going around turns in a drift. Or flying through rough terrain. Just a badass truck. And it's durable. Very durable. I have crashed it HARD so many times I can't even count, and I continue to be amazed it just comes out unscathed. I have broken both bumpers over the last 5 months, but they generally hold up quite well, and I have gone through several body mounts, but even those are more durable than on other trucks (senton in particular, that thing breaks rear body mounts like it's its job.). Senton 6s (with exception of rear body mount) is also extremely durable.
As previously called out, you need space to really take advantage of the mojave. The more the better.
Great post, appreciate the insight. Looks like I’m gonna have to have one.

Well I guess you don’t need to aerate and dethatch as often ???

Going with the EXB, Just ordered the Max 6 combo and servo!! What's a decent radio/receiver that doesn't cost $500? DX5?

Going with the EXB, Just ordered the Max 6 combo and servo!! What's a decent radio/receiver that doesn't cost $500? DX5?
Nice choices, DX5c or DX5 rugged good choices and very popular, you could always go cheaper also and get a Radiolink

Edit: as above too Futaba 3PV 😎

Hell I use the dumborc ones under $40 and they work great

Thanks guys. figured I'd get something a little nicer than the DX3 on my other rigs for this very special EXB :cool:

I use a sanwa mx-v. Pleased with it. Thinking about picking up another one for one of the other cars. There is a newer version out, mx-6 I think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back