Mojave Should I buy a Mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this telemetry stuff work on these radios? don't want to buy special batteries. Just get a receiver without telemetry or get one with telemetry and not use it
I use a sanwa mx-v. Pleased with it. Thinking about picking up another one for one of the other cars. There is a newer version out, mx-6 I think.
nice, easy to use interface?

How does this telemetry stuff work on these radios? don't want to buy special batteries. Just get a receiver without telemetry or get one with telemetry and not use it
Normally the reciever in the car transmits the info back to the transmitter and it shows up on a screen. If the ESC is compatible and also has telemetry, it will show up on the transmitter as well.

Personally I don't bother, nor am I interested. I just run my cars until I notice a problem, then correct the problem.

Although I probably know the answer; I’ll let you know tomorrow afternoon 😉. All I need to do is put the tires on. It’ll never be this clean again😂
Just had its’ maiden run. Definitely YES!!! Love seeing the plush suspension in action 😍 when driving over bumps and seeing the rear getting pushed downwards when accelerating.This is a great car👌
Now some cleaning to do, it’s completely covered with fine sand. Doing donuts was fun😉

The sanwa is pretty easy to use. Cycling through menus is easy. Setting up end points and throttle and steering curves is easy, and saving different profiles is also easy. This is key for me as this means you can hand it off to your kid or a noob with the push of a button, and not be handing over a 6s monster to a total rc neophyte. It does not have telemetry, but I am like the above poster, I don't care about that stuff. I baseline my rigs, setup gearing properly for the electronics I have, and once it's baselined, I just beat on it, and fix it when something needs fixing. Fortunately with the mojave, that is rarely.

I have a kraton 6s, a senton 6s, a losi tenacity db pro and a mojave exb. I threw bigger tires on the mojave. The mojave is far and a away my favorite rc I've ever had. Tough as nails, fast as hell, and super fun to drive. The bigger size gives it a tremendous advantage over the senton and losi on rough terrain. The longer wheelbase compared to the kraton gives the mojave an advantage on straightline rough stuff, but it does not do flips, etc as easily, again due to the longer wheelbase. It just is a ballistic tank. Blasts through everything, incredible at higher speeds. It does roll more often than the kraton, but it looks so much cooler going around turns in a drift. Or flying through rough terrain. Just a badass truck. And it's durable. Very durable. I have crashed it HARD so many times I can't even count, and I continue to be amazed it just comes out unscathed. I have broken both bumpers over the last 5 months, but they generally hold up quite well, and I have gone through several body mounts, but even those are more durable than on other trucks (senton in particular, that thing breaks rear body mounts like it's its job.). Senton 6s (with exception of rear body mount) is also extremely durable.
As previously called out, you need space to really take advantage of the mojave. The more the better.
I share alot of the same insights posted here. However the kraton is my favorite in my fleet. The Mojave does look best drifting. I have broke something everytime I have taken it out for spin (only 3 times). For example tie rod ends, body cover, switch mount (weird), and body clip post. I have yet to see the "tank" reference. Does roll very easy compared to my other cars. Maybe I should consider the upgrades mentioned in the posts.

Also debated on RTR or EXB. I went with RTR.

20210413_132131.jpg

I’ve been obsessed with Arrma cars but never reallly considered a Mojave until seeing this video:

I find this guy’s videos really entertaining.

Anyway, what a freaking car. I know he used an 8s modified big motor but still, looks like a really fun car.

why would somebody buy this over Kraton or say new version of Talion this summer? Just the fun of driving a Senton on steroids? curious for those who have one so I can better understand the specific appeal.

finally, the age old question: RTR or EXB??
I just bought an EXB with Max6 combo and other parts. It’s epic. I already have a notorious, Kraton and limitless. This completed the driving styles and added a much wanted different truck to the pack. Well worth it. Now I need some terrain to crush.
Spectrum 160a/1250kv too crazy if run on 6s??
Max6 combo. Can run 8s hehehehehe

I just bought an EXB with Max6 combo and other parts. It’s epic. I already have a notorious, Kraton and limitless. This completed the driving styles and added a much wanted different truck to the pack. Well worth it. Now I need some terrain to crush.

Max6 combo. Can run 8s hehehehehe
Don’t believe the 1650kv motor can. Esc will but not the motor, but I could be wrong, just remember seeing that somewhere
What parts did you choose for your build? I’m just getting started

So I actually had a thread on this. Been in the hobby for years and I’ve driven and owned every single category of car. This thing is just different. The way it sways and rolls, the way it looks, the speed, the handling, the durability everything is just perfect the way it is. I literally don’t even take out my talion or Kraton anymore. Those cars are cool but they are all the same. In my eyes a talion is the same as a Kraton is the same as a notorious is the same as an outcast is the same as a typhon.

In my eyes, get a talion or Kraton, an infraction or felony and a Mojave. Owning those 3 cars out of those will cover all your bases and fill all your RC needs. Again it’s just hard to explain you really need to drive one.

So I actually had a thread on this. Been in the hobby for years and I’ve driven and owned every single category of car. This thing is just different. The way it sways and rolls, the way it looks, the speed, the handling, the durability everything is just perfect the way it is. I literally don’t even take out my talion or Kraton anymore. Those cars are cool but they are all the same. In my eyes a talion is the same as a Kraton is the same as a notorious is the same as an outcast is the same as a typhon.

In my eyes, get a talion or Kraton, an infraction or felony and a Mojave. Owning those 3 cars out of those will cover all your bases and fill all your RC needs. Again it’s just hard to explain you really need to drive one.
Yes!!!!!!! The most epic rc i own

The Mojave EXB is my 6th Arrma vehicle and my favorite. It’s fast, takes a beating and keeps on running. Get one! You’ll love it.

Heh - this is exactly what I did (Talion, Mojave, Infraction). I adore them all but you're right about the Mojave. There's just *something* about it.

I recently bought the Mohave V2 BLX and all the EXB parts to toughen it up! I had one of the very early Blackrocks and it seemed every time I plugged in a battery something failed. Numerous motors, escs, diffs, axles etc. to the point Tower just gave me a full refund. I have the UDR which I love, with a ton of Vitavon upgrades including wheels, but it is a completely different truck than the Mohave!
I love to run these beastly Proline Shockwaves I painted to match, but they do balloon up FAST I’ve ordered a spare body just for running these on sand etc., but talk about stuck to the ground, it’s so much fun! As I have said I got this just before the EXB became available so I ordered all of the important EXB parts including a Savox 2270 (443 oz-inch @7.4) to crank them around. Also have the Vitavon V-2 wheels & Hyrax arriving anytime. I’ve been doing this almost 20 years as a casual hobby, until a drunk driver hit me on my Harley at 70+mph shattering my neck, shoulders, back arms & legs... Prior to this I built the real ones for over 10 years and raced Baja for 3 years. Never won anything but what a blast, these new RC trucks? You can apply everything from the the 1/1 world. Don’t believe those who say RC is an addiction, it’s a full on DISEASE!

AAA139F4-0107-43D7-91D0-F2BC331EA8DB.jpeg

80E8D260-23DF-46BE-9E76-26E546EBD817.jpeg

B2322C3D-90FF-4ADA-AC54-CC4CD07A0964.jpeg

I’ve currently got over 50 running ground vehicles, 6 more including a complete Vitavon kit build for my Super Rock Rey. Reinforce/ repair the chassis I split in half on day 2 of my Super Baja Rey V2! Just didn’t take that 15 foot barrel roll like my Mohave! Here‘s a pic of my partially done SRR, and my daily driver / crawler I built from the leftovers of a Jeep the took a tumble down the mountain. It looked more like a crushed beer can than a Jeep and was piles of parts on 3 trailers. This thing took me almost 3 months to complete!
40AAECE8-2F0E-4777-8839-4C5DF184CB5B.jpeg

0F6BA958-56F8-44EC-A1B4-D2B83F7836A4.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back