Should I buy a SENTON 3S V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three must do mods to the Senton are:
1. Cover to stop crap getting in. Dusty Motors cover for the Senton is actually for the 6s version but works OK on the 3s. Disposable catering hair net much cheaper and works well.
2. Take the motor pinion off and put a couple of o rings under it to stop dust getting in the motor bearing. Possibly not so important on the new V3 motors but do it anyway.
3. Get some double sided foam tape (3M if you can), peel off one side only and stick it to the bottom of the spur gear housing. Cut a small rectangle where the spur gear pokes out a bit. This stops grit getting into the spur gear.

If you do the hair net option you can do all threee of these for less than ten bucks/quid/euro...

Optional mods:
Shim the spur gear if it rubs on the housing. (Look for black dust inside)
Replace the radio. I have the Flysky GT5. Much better response and the giro makes a huge difference to keeping it going straight no matter the speed or surface.

Screenshot_20201017-180602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Three must do mods to the Senton are:
1. Cover to stop crap getting in. Dusty Motors cover for the Senton is actually for the 6s version but works OK on the 3s. Disposable catering hair net much cheaper and works well.
2. Take the motor pinion off and put a couple of o rings under it to stop dust getting in the motor bearing. Possibly not so important on the new V3 motors but do it anyway.
3. Get some double sided foam tape (3M if you can), peel off one side only and stick it to the bottom of the spur gear housing. Cut a small rectangle where the spur gear pokes out a bit. This stops grit getting into the spur gear.

If you do the hair net option you can do all threee of these for less than ten bucks/quid/euro...

Optional mods:
Shim the spur gear if it rubs on the housing. (Look for black dust inside)
Replace the radio. I have the Flysky GT5. Much better response and the giro makes a huge difference to keeping it going straight no matter the speed or surface.

View attachment 104985
Do you have the V2 or V3?

After my first run, took the drive system out and grit gets in every little hole. Need to look at putting tape at the bottle of the spur gear. Grit did get in and had small dents put in spur gear. Is there a metal option? Did have 1 rock get jammed in the steering compartment. Never really ever looked into the Slash that my son owns, but haven't had issues with pinion or spur gear.

You can't say we didn't warn you eh! The only entry point for the spur gear is that hole in the bottom so if you take care of that, you should be good to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back