Notorious Should I buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
So I have a Noto in a cart rn and I'm seriously thinking of clicking buy now but I want to hear of some known issues with them first. I don't want to be spending a million bucks on it like my K6s.

I like the Noto second or third to the Talion / Mojave and Kraton is lower on my list. The Noto will eat diffs if it's abused (self-righted) with those big tires but I've only lost one diff in almost two years. I run LP Backflips now and I'm stuck on these tires. Lighter and better than the fullsize Backflips for me all day long.
I would buy the Noto and upgrade as stuff breaks with possibly EXB parts.

I like the Noto second or third to the Talion / Mojave and Kraton is lower on my list. The Noto will eat diffs if it's abused (self-righted) with those big tires but I've only lost one diff in almost two years. I run LP Backflips now and I'm stuck on these tires. Lighter and better than the fullsize Backflips for me all day long.
I would buy the Noto and upgrade as stuff breaks with possibly EXB parts.
I like the Noto body always have, I didn't buy it first because I heard they are wheelie machines. After my kraton breaking everything it could I kind of want the Noto so I have something to run when the kraton is down. Does the Noto bend everything like the kraton like the towers and chassis?

I don't really want to be buying new towers and all that junk like I did with the K6s I just want to plop a battery in and go. Maybe fix a diff or replace an arm but not to the extent I had to with the kraton.

I like the Noto body always have, I didn't buy it first because I heard they are wheelie machines. After my kraton breaking everything it could I kind of want the Noto so I have something to run when the kraton is down. Does the Noto bend everything like the kraton like the towers and chassis?
I bent a stock tower but never the chassis. Mines set up now though with Voltage Hobbies towers, braces, fat servo etc. M2C standoffs, always LP Backflips.

I bent a stock tower but never the chassis. Mines set up now though with Voltage Hobbies towers, braces, fat servo etc. M2C standoffs, always LP Backflips.
So basically it's a mini Kraton and breaks and bends everything unless I buy everything to upgrade it... Not really liking armma anymore

They're the same trucks, except the Noto/Outcast chassis is a bit shorter and the tires are more massive.
Draw your own conclusions.

So if I get new M2C towers and braces with standoffs what else does it need? I will obviously shim diffs and get new bearings but what else? I have a new radio so I'm good there.

So basically it's a mini Kraton and breaks and bends everything unless I buy everything to upgrade it... Not really liking armma anymore
$800-1000 is the cost to be able to beat the hell out of an RC truck. Doesn't matter where we get it or who makes it or what we pay for the box truck. It's the cost of bashing and it aint gonna be cheap from any brand. Arrma has the design down so well that aftermarket gurus want to invest time and money and skills into improving them. See the best CNC guys and pay attention to the trucks they care to engineer. Start with a great bash machine and improve it. Arrma is a basher's brand.
So if I get new M2C towers and braces with standoffs what else does it need? I will obviously shim diffs and get new bearings but what else? I have a new radio so I'm good there.
Don't need anything til it breaks except for a bearings set imo.

$800-1000 is the cost to be able to beat the hell out of an RC truck. Doesn't matter where we get it or who makes it or what we pay for the box truck. It's the cost of bashing and it aint gonna be cheap from any brand. Arrma has the design down so well that aftermarket gurus want to invest time and money and skills into improving them. See the best CNC guys and pay attention to the trucks they care to engineer. Start with a great bash machine and improve it. Arrma is a basher's brand.
What else besides towers braces and standoffs does it need? I already have 2 sets of kraton rpm arms on the way they should work right? as they are compatible with Outcast? I don't mind shims bearing etc they are cheap. I just don't want to spend another 3 bills on a chassis for this one too is what I'm most worried about.

What else besides towers braces and standoffs does it need? I already have 2 sets of kraton rpm arms on the way they should work right? as they are compatible with Outcast? I don't mind shims bearing etc they are cheap. I just don't want to spend another 3 bills on a chassis for this one too is what I'm most worried about.
Short chassis will be less bendable. The Kraton arms alone aren't enough for the Noto. Also needs driveshafts and hubs I think but I've never broken an arm on a single one of my trucks ever in my life. Some folks break em all the time. I didn't upgrade to RPM because I didn't break anything.

Short chassis will be less bendable. The Kraton arms alone aren't enough for the Noto. Also needs driveshafts and hubs I think but I've never broken an arm on a single one of my trucks ever in my life. Some folks break em all the time. I didn't upgrade to RPM because I didn't break anything.
You seriously never bent your chassis?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back