Talion Should I change the ball bearings every 20 runs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUGO .R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello everyone I have an Arrma talion and on the record they say to change the ball bearings every 20 runs.
Should we do it?

If you can get them to last 20 runs I'd highly recommend you change them out. It will require a complete tear down but it's worth it.

Hello everyone I have an Arrma talion and on the record they say to change the ball bearings every 20 runs.
Should we do it?
If the stock bearings last 20 runs consider yourself lucky. Also bearings are cheap, an entire kit is like $20.

Ok so i have to buy the fast eddy ball bearings ?

Ok so i have to buy the fast eddy ball bearings ?
Jim's Bearings are pretty good. I've had his bearings in my Outcast since December.
TRB RC also makes good bearings ,however they don't have any Arrma kits, I usually buy bulk bearings from these guys.

Last edited:
Had my v2 talion 2 years only had to change out 2 bearings but I go through and oil and maintain every run!

After reading this forum I just ordered fe bearings for my outcast. I’ve been through at least 50 packs on stock bearings. I do maintain them when I work on the car but not after every run. Knock on wood I don’t have to replace any

For everyone who’s bearings are holding up do you guys run it in the snow or water?

It's hard to get every bit of moisture out of every bearing. So if you're running in any kind of water or snow chances are that's what will kill your bearings the quickest.

The dirt at my bash spot eats bearings like it's nobody's business. You should see my bearings after one bash session from there. I've literally had bearings last one pack out there. Started with a freshly rebuilt Trinity Speed Gems II Quartz, by the end of the pack the bearings were toast.

The dirt at my bash spot eats bearings like it's nobody's business. You should see my bearings after one bash session from there. I've literally had bearings last one pack out there. Started with a freshly rebuilt Trinity Speed Gems II Quartz, by the end of the pack the bearings were toast.
That sucks I wouldn’t go there again

Old thread, but is running on sand at a beach a bad idea, I plan on staying away from the water.
Just be prepared to do a full tear down and clean afterwards. As fsr as bearings go it depends on a few things like if you are running the stock bearings or rubber sealed bearings and how fine the sand is. The stock bearings probably won't fair to well in sand especially the fine stuff. Rubber sealed bearings will likely be okay for a while longer again it just depends on how fine the sand is. The finer the sand the more likely it is to cause bearing damage and get inside everything.

Just be prepared to do a full tear down and clean afterwards. As fsr as bearings go it depends on a few things like if you are running the stock bearings or rubber sealed bearings and how fine the sand is. The stock bearings probably won't fair to well in sand especially the fine stuff. Rubber sealed bearings will likely be okay for a while longer again it just depends on how fine the sand is. The finer the sand the more likely it is to cause bearing damage and get inside everything.
Thanks a lot for the info, maybe I'll give it a miss on my stock Talion, my Kraton has rubber sealed bearings.

Old thread, but is running on sand at a beach a bad idea, I plan on staying away from the water.

If you have an air compressor just blow it off good and spray with a cleaner like simple green and blow off again. Job done. It also helps to have a paint brush or similar tool so you can brush the dry sand off the outdrives etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back