Mojave Should I Do It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
So here is the situation. I'm stuck down in NC and most of my RC's and supplies are back it CT. For reference, my home in CT is 25 min from NY.

When I came down here I brought my K8S and my Mojave. I didn't plan on staying long, but my Mom is a fighter. I busted my Mojave a few days after I got here. I ordered the parts and had them shipped to CT figuring I'd be home soon enough. As it turns out that was 3 weeks ago. Everything I need to fix it is at my CT home. I was going to ask my girlfriend to ship the stuff to me here but after some thought I didn't want her to expose herself any more than she absolutely had to. So I told her not to do it.

I've purchased 2 trucks since I've been here: a Kaiju and a Tenacity DB Pro. @Outcastblxnut and I have found a really great construction site that would be perfect for the Mojave. But NC went on lockdown as of yesterday so I'm not sure if we will get hassled or not going forward.

So here is the question. Should I just order another Mojave and have it shipped here? I'll probably be here for another 3 weeks at least. I would swap in my tuned diffs from my broken truck as well as the shocks (different springs) and the M2C chassis braces. I would then have a "parts truck". $700 isn't going to kill me but does it seem just too impulsive? Give me some thoughts ???

So here is the situation. I'm stuck down in NC and most of my RC's and supplies are back it CT. For reference, my home in CT is 25 min from NY.

When I came down here I brought my K8S and my Mojave. I didn't plan on staying long, but my Mom is a fighter. I busted my Mojave a few days after I got here. I ordered the parts and had them shipped to CT figuring I'd be home soon enough. As it turns out that was 3 weeks ago. Everything I need to fix it is at my CT home. I was going to ask my girlfriend to ship the stuff to me here but after some thought I didn't want her to expose herself any more than she absolutely had to. So I told her not to do it.

I've purchased 2 trucks since I've been here: a Kaiju and a Tenacity DB Pro. @Outcastblxnut and I have found a really great construction site that would be perfect for the Mojave. But NC went on lockdown as of yesterday so I'm not sure if we will get hassled or not going forward.

So here is the question. Should I just order another Mojave and have it shipped here? I'll probably be here for another 3 weeks at least. I would swap in my tuned diffs from my broken truck as well as the shocks (different springs) and the M2C chassis braces. I would then have a "parts truck". $700 isn't going to kill me but does it seem just too impulsive? Give me some thoughts ???
Pay yourself back with your stimulus check....

If you're looking for someone to talk you out of it, this is the wrong place, ha!

You could have the shipper do a pickup to get your parts from CT. Usually only costs a few extra bucks.

I'm far from rich guy, but if I was in your shoes right now I would just bite the bullet and get another Mojave..!!
You could get the other color just to mix it up a bit ?
P.S I hope your mom's doing better..??

Pay yourself back with your stimulus check....

I don't think I will qualify and if I do I will be donating the money. While some of us might not need it to live, many others do. No judgement, but that is what my gut is telling me.

If you're looking for someone to talk you out of it, this is the wrong place, ha!

You could have the shipper do a pickup to get your parts from CT. Usually only costs a few extra bucks.

I didn't realize that was a possibility. The labels would need to be changed though. I'm not sure how that works. Good idea nonetheless!
I'm far from rich guy, but if I was in your shoes right now I would just bite the bullet and get another Mojave..!!
You could get the other color just to mix it up a bit ?
P.S I hope your mom's doing better..??

Thanks for the well wishes. I would definitely get the other color and the original body is already showing a lot of wear. I can't remember what radio this truck comes with. If it's the DX2E I could sell that. If it's the STX, I would throw it in the garbage ?
@CrashBoom is right pay the few bucks and have them re-ship it to you
It's in my CT house. What would my girlfriend need to do?

Just call dude Like a friend and you need him to pick up package and mail it and you pay him directly off business hours problem solved
I wouldn't ask a friend to potentially out themselves at risk. The UPS Store on New Milford is way to close to NY. But I appreciate the suggestion. ?

I would then have a "parts truck". $700 isn't going to kill me but does it seem just too impulsive? Give me some thoughts ???

Well... I don't know. I would say yes and... No... :)
You like the Mojave at that point...? How much you like, in your personal needs, the Mojave...?

Well... I don't know. I would say yes and... No... :)
You like the Mojave at that point...? How much you like, in your personal needs, the Mojave...?
Not as much as a bunch of my other trucks ?

Knowing how much you don't really care for the Mojave, I say just buy the parts you need and have them shipped to you instead of your house. Then you still have the spare parts at home in case you need them.

Knowing how much you don't really care for the Mojave, I say just buy the parts you need and have them shipped to you instead of your house. Then you still have the spare parts at home in case you need them.
That makes sense except a few of the parts I got from lot breakers and are now out of stock. Worth a shot though ?

Not as much as a bunch of my other trucks ?

Ok, you are right. You are not a Senton 6s fan, I think... ? :)
Put that Mojave on ice and keep your money for a kit. My opinion.
The Mojave is not my list.

I think I'll try to reorder the parts. That was a great suggestion by @slick2500
Buy it then leave it here with me????
You could get a losi super Baja Rey to add to your collection

Yeah just get the parts maybe some extras as well since lhs are probably closed as well. When we went on lockdown I ordered a ton of parts I know I will break. Not like I'm never going to use them.

Get some new phatter tyres/wheels too, might change your mind re mojave....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back