Should I feel guilty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
So I'm getting a Fireteam for Christmas, my wife ordered it yesterday. I told her that is what I wanted and she could pick the color because I like them the same. I know she ordered it because she told me she did and feels bummed I already know what I'm getting so it won't be as exciting. 🤨

I told her she doesn't get it. I now have to spend the next month knowing in our apartment there is a brand new Arrma 6s rig with my name on it stashed until Christmas and I am already dying to get the box from UPS when it arrives and rip it open and have to restrain myself! She felt better when she realized she can torture me with the wait now.🤣🤣🤣

What she doesn't know is that I spent this morning bookmarking and ordering upgrades for it already, lol. M2C chassis brace & shock standoffs, 35kg servo and aluminum servo mount, not to mention the Hobbystar 4092 I ordered with 20 minutes of knowing she bought it for me. 🤣

Now I feel a little guilty because I jumped on all those upgrades and haven't spent anytime buying stuff for her! Trying to remind myself I still have plenty of time and my upgrades are just an investment to protect my gift...🤔:ROFLMAO:

Good lady you have there.(y)(y)
Can't say the same here .:whistle: We met and she was all into it surprisingly unlike other girls I dated, and Wanted one too. So I built her one. Married 28 + years later and she is like what a waste of stuff. Hates them. It's a clean hobby for me and my 12 yo son. Maybe I should spend my $$$ at the bars and with other ladies :ROFLMAO:

I am partial to the White FT myself. For $399. right now, I am on the fence. I just have no more room after 17 RC rigs right now. My Latest TLRT sits on my desk. Nowhere else to put it.
My place looks like a Hobby shop.:rolleyes:(n)
I am finding this stifling at this point in my life.:giggle:
I just love Rc cars. What can I say?

So I'm getting a Fireteam for Christmas, my wife ordered it yesterday. I told her that is what I wanted and she could pick the color because I like them the same. I know she ordered it because she told me she did and feels bummed I already know what I'm getting so it won't be as exciting. 🤨

I told her she doesn't get it. I now have to spend the next month knowing in our apartment there is a brand new Arrma 6s rig with my name on it stashed until Christmas and I am already dying to get the box from UPS when it arrives and rip it open and have to restrain myself! She felt better when she realized she can torture me with the wait now.🤣🤣🤣

What she doesn't know is that I spent this morning bookmarking and ordering upgrades for it already, lol. M2C chassis brace & shock standoffs, 35kg servo and aluminum servo mount, not to mention the Hobbystar 4092 I ordered with 20 minutes of knowing she bought it for me. 🤣

Now I feel a little guilty because I jumped on all those upgrades and haven't spent anytime buying stuff for her! Trying to remind myself I still have plenty of time and my upgrades are just an investment to protect my gift...🤔:ROFLMAO:
You better get her something really good! ;)
Good lady you have there.(y)(y)
Can't say the same.:whistle:
I am partial to the White FT myself. For $399. right now, I am on the fence. I just have no more room after 17 RC rigs right now. My Latest TLRT sits on my desk. Nowhere else to put it.
My place looks like a Hobby shop.:rolleyes:(n)
I am finding this stifling at this point in my life.:giggle:
I just love Rc cars. What can I say?
I can relate, space is at a premium again but I still have lots of stuff on my wish list. :banghead:

I guess it depends if she likes receiving gifts as well. If so better get her something nice.

Personally my wife would much rather have some quality time with me then a present, though she is not normal 😆

438D647B-31BE-4960-A92B-0450179087BA.gif

No quality time here. That's why I always tinker with my RC's. And a beer or 2. I always have something to keep me busy this way.
She likes it that way. Strange.
I have my Mancave and she doesn't come near it. Only my son is allowed.

Don’t worry, if she finds out, a $1000-3000 gift card to ULTA will make it all better. 😂 Don’t ask me how I know☹️

I guess it depends if she likes receiving gifts as well. If so better get her something nice.

Personally my wife would much rather have some quality time with me then a present, though she is not normal 😆

View attachment 258642

Feel ya Brother. After 25+ years of marriage, my wife and I agree on what else can we buy for each other. No anniversary gifts, no Xmas gifts, etc. We equally buy for each other the whole year if I see something she "needs or wants" I get it. We donate to charities and help lots of people that lift us and she is like your wife.... QT means more to her than material things anytime.

The only area I can get in hot water....is not from purchasing stuff but getting into other things and not stopping to give her time. IKR, we have some weird ladies but glad she is like that not stuck on "what did you get me..." Rare blessing!

Someone please twist my arm to get this FT at $400. I have no more room for this big boy. But will keep it in my bed with me if I have to.
Ok here, let me try.... 😖*applies twist*😖😮‍💨.

I gave it my best. Try looking at it online again, then placing it in the cart....

:ROFLMAO:

Someone please twist my arm to get this FT at $400. I have no more room for this big boy. But will keep it in my bed with me if I have to.
Do it!!!! I was thinking the same thing. I'm actually relieved that the shop I usually buy from sold out. 😅

You know you want to man! Can always take it apart, put it in a box and decide what you want to do with it another time. I thought about it as well. I’d sell the body and tires right off the bat though and recoup near 1/3rd the cost.

If anything but for the parts alone at $400.00.:unsure:

Hmm. Never thought of that. Cheaper than JennysRC.
FT comes with a metal Center diff too.
Best move fast before the sale is over!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back