Kraton Should I get kraton V3 or v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on price, there are some good things about both, are you going to be upgrading much? What type of driving will you be doing?

V4 tyres are better, V4 has some better screws in places, tower to tower brace, better looking body shell.

V3 better radio, simpler design, better servo saver.

If the price was the same I'd get the v4 if the v3 is a lot cheaper the v3, but it depends on what your going to spend on upgrades.

Depends on price, there are some good things about both, are you going to be upgrading much? What type of driving will you be doing?

V4 tyres are better, V4 has some better screws in places, tower to tower brace, better looking body shell.

If the price was the same I'd get the v4 if the v3 is a lot cheaper the v3, but it depends on what your going to spend on upgrades.
I've heard get the vr 3 vr 4 brace bends chassis and radio bad

I'll agree with the above, except the V4 with the tower brace can and probably will bend the chassis..!!
I'd say get the V4 and remove the brace ASAP..??

Answers please folks
The V3 has a better radio, and that's a deal breaker for many. Don't care much for the V4 tower brace, but the motor mount and easy access center dif are really nice features. They try to correct certain bugs with each evolution of the model, but the addition of the Spektrum radio was a Horizon call, not Arrma. Which ever you get, chances are there's going to be changes you will want to make on both. Depending on where you live, there's great kit breakers to get those parts you want. https://jennysrc.com/ is great on the North American side and there's @Badtouch The basher if you're across the pond.

@Notorious J ... Don't forget Jonny's Rc too..??
I fear that his shop may be closing after the current stock runs out. His business manager (wife) has informed him that if he buys one more truck, he would have to pack his bags and move his operations to the street. She is a very shrewd manager, and her warnings are not to be taken lightly?

why don't Arrma do rollers?

v4 kraton is nice car
v3 bends in chassie

it is easy make v3 better than v4 i have heard from my rc friend today.
Biggest problem is the RTR with both.
Same price you get better ESC and Motor, also servo if these was sold like limitless
They have only Hobbywing RTR

You can have better protection to not bend chassies also cheap.

Why did Arrma Realease so many RC Cars that did BEND in chassie?
This is total China style

Now they have VERSION 4
this is not good either.

If i start RC Manufacturing Cars.
There is never any change you can bend them after huge jump.
V1 don't bend.
V2 is to good to be true

Arrma made so much stupid things before.
Like TOYS. Not RC

The V3 has a better radio, and that's a deal breaker for many. Don't care much for the V4 tower brace, but the motor mount and easy access center dif are really nice features. They try to correct certain bugs with each evolution of the model, but the addition of the Spektrum radio was a Horizon call, not Arrma. Which ever you get, chances are there's going to be changes you will want to make on both. Depending on where you live, there's great kit breakers to get those parts you want. https://jennysrc.com/ is great on the North American side and there's @Badtouch The basher if you're across the pond.
Thanks dude

I'll agree with the above, except the V4 with the tower brace can and probably will bend the chassis..!!
I'd say get the V4 and remove the brace ASAP..??
How is this happening? All my arrmas had bent chassis without the braces, how does the brace make it worse? Sorry for my ignorance?

How is this happening? All my arrmas had bent chassis without the braces, how does the brace make it worse? Sorry for my ignorance?

Have a watch of @Aussie RC Playground review of the Kraton Vas explains it...??

I bent mine in less than 10 minutes into its maiden voyage ..?

Have a watch of @Aussie RC Playground review of the Kraton Vas explains it...??

I bent mine in less than 10 minutes into its maiden voyage ..?
Wow that's a shame, I will check it out, seems strange that this didn't get picked up in the testing phase.

So i gave Vas’s review a look and he goes into great detail about it but he obviously doesn't talk about if you have installed a M2C racing chassis..

If you have the m2c racing chassis and aluminium chassis braces would you leave the T2T on?... would that be the ultimate strength having all three.. or is it just overkill and extra un-necessary weight?..

So i gave Vas’s review a look and he goes into great detail about it but he obviously doesn't talk about if you have installed a M2C racing chassis..

If you have the m2c racing chassis and aluminium chassis braces would you leave the T2T on?... would that be the ultimate strength having all three.. or is it just overkill and extra un-necessary weight?..
I have an M2C and removed the T2T.

I'd get the V3 if it was substantially cheaper. V4 you will have to change radio and remove T2T brace anyway.

Should I get the Kraton v3 or v4? Answers please folks.

I no expert but i got the V4.. i think with both there will be things you’ll want to upgrade..

Ive so far upgraded a few bits and pieces to aluminium, m2c chassis, new radio (radiolink), got one of the cheap servos people rave about on here as a spare for when the stock one goes..

I think you’ll find that the biggest difference between the v3 and v4 as far as i can gather is the radio and the T2T.. the spectrum with the v4 is a deathtrap by all accounts!.. and the t2t has deficiencies.

I guess it all comes down to how many mods you intend to do and the price difference you can get between the v3 and v4.. but i figure that most of the mods you’d want to do on the v4 would be the same mods you would want to do on the v3 too..

One thing I do bloody well know.... your gonna freak out when you finally get one in you possession!... man they are a beast of a machine.. probably sounds funny to some here who have had one for a while or something like one, but i found it to be a lot bigger in real life than i expected it would be and very solidly made..

i had only seen them in the youtube vids, no hobby shops within a hundred of k’s of me stock them so i didnt really know what to expect... i’m glad ive got an upgraded radio, losing connection with the vehicle because of the crap stock spectrum wouldnt be a fun experience.

There's a vid on YouTube where the guy recommends removing the front bolt from the t2t brace.That way it allows a little flex bit also the stiffness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back