Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Should I give these tires a try?

Discussion in 'Kraton' started by bicketybam, Aug 4, 2018.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton
    I have the stock tires from my old Team Losi Muggy. They are a different hex size but I have the adapters since the tires I put on the Muggy were a smaller hex. They fit on and they look like they might be fun to beat on until they come apart, lol. My only concern is weight. They are probably heavier than the stock tires I'm running.

20180804_105103.jpg

2. Paultro84

Paultro84 Premium Member!

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    I'd give it hell :) I put a set of big Joe 2 tires on my Outcast. Way bigger than stock and it doesn't mind the extra weight.

3. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Only thing would be stock servo working hard. Only one way to find out.

4. bicketybam

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton
    I upgraded the servo. Not the mount though. That's next.

5. dpricenator

dpricenator Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Heck yeah, run those puppies. You may want to wrap them with the fishing line to prevent ballooning. I ran the tires below
    with no issues.

6. bicketybam

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton
    The hex adapters don't quite fit my Kraton. I need to get some washers to use as spacers. Once I figure that out, I am going to try them out.

7. WTF MIKE

WTF MIKE Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    What pound fishing line do you recommend?

8. bicketybam

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton
    These are the tires I'm looking to run:
    http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdID=LOSB7410

I have the 20mm adapters that came on my Losi Muggy, but I have two issues (see picture)
    20180809_103231.jpg

The first problem is the pin from the 20mm adapters are too thick to fit through the Kraton's wheel axles. Can I reuse the pin from the stock adapters? It's a little short but I can center it before I tighten the axle screw. However, there is a tiny bit of play due to the hole in the hex adapter being bigger than the pin. Not a ton, but it's there.

The second issue is the amount of space between the back of the hex adapter and the axle carrier. The stock adapter has that added piece that fills the gap. Can I use a washer there?

Are there 20mm hex adapers that are a direct fit for the Kraton? I'm guessing no because no one really used those adapters besides Losi. I really want to run these tires. They have almost no time on them as I swapped to a smaller truggy tire on my Muggy. Thanks!

9. dpricenator

dpricenator Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    There is a thread around here somewhere, but I used some cheapo Amazon 100lb braid. I would not use it for fishing, because I don't think it would hold against a 50 lb Yellow Tail, but that's different. My guess is that 4 or 5 times around in the center and on each edge will hold strong for a long time. I used supper glue in several spots, to hold it down. Works great!. I;ve seen recent pics of several other guys using this method. It made an $80 set of tires usable. Before they would balloon in to 9 inch dinner plates. goofiest looking thing I ever saw. ZERO CONTROL. Now, I have Fat monster tires whether I am slamming the gas, jumping or sitting still.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer