Kraton Should I give these tires a try?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I have the stock tires from my old Team Losi Muggy. They are a different hex size but I have the adapters since the tires I put on the Muggy were a smaller hex. They fit on and they look like they might be fun to beat on until they come apart, lol. My only concern is weight. They are probably heavier than the stock tires I'm running.

20180804_105103.jpg

I'd give it hell :) I put a set of big Joe 2 tires on my Outcast. Way bigger than stock and it doesn't mind the extra weight.

Only thing would be stock servo working hard. Only one way to find out.

Heck yeah, run those puppies. You may want to wrap them with the fishing line to prevent ballooning. I ran the tires below
with no issues.

The hex adapters don't quite fit my Kraton. I need to get some washers to use as spacers. Once I figure that out, I am going to try them out.

These are the tires I'm looking to run:
http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdID=LOSB7410

I have the 20mm adapters that came on my Losi Muggy, but I have two issues (see picture)
20180809_103231.jpg

The first problem is the pin from the 20mm adapters are too thick to fit through the Kraton's wheel axles. Can I reuse the pin from the stock adapters? It's a little short but I can center it before I tighten the axle screw. However, there is a tiny bit of play due to the hole in the hex adapter being bigger than the pin. Not a ton, but it's there.

The second issue is the amount of space between the back of the hex adapter and the axle carrier. The stock adapter has that added piece that fills the gap. Can I use a washer there?

Are there 20mm hex adapers that are a direct fit for the Kraton? I'm guessing no because no one really used those adapters besides Losi. I really want to run these tires. They have almost no time on them as I swapped to a smaller truggy tire on my Muggy. Thanks!

What pound fishing line do you recommend?

There is a thread around here somewhere, but I used some cheapo Amazon 100lb braid. I would not use it for fishing, because I don't think it would hold against a 50 lb Yellow Tail, but that's different. My guess is that 4 or 5 times around in the center and on each edge will hold strong for a long time. I used supper glue in several spots, to hold it down. Works great!. I;ve seen recent pics of several other guys using this method. It made an $80 set of tires usable. Before they would balloon in to 9 inch dinner plates. goofiest looking thing I ever saw. ZERO CONTROL. Now, I have Fat monster tires whether I am slamming the gas, jumping or sitting still.

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if you got the 20MM's to fit. I have an old set of LST2 tires I think would add a lot of cushion to the landings for my outcast that I wouldn't mind trying out. I wasn't sure if the hub shaft diameter was the same or not. I suppose I could download the parts diagram for the LST2 and check the outer bearings to see...

Well, according to the LST2 parts explosion, it uses an 8x16mm bearing, which is what the outcast uses, so the ID of the hubs should work. Will just have to figure out shimming and deal with pins that are smaller because I'm not drilling my outcast axles out for larger pins.

Odds are, I just wasted $12 on hubs, but will be amusing anyway to throw those big old tires on there for a minute next spring.

And... as I was typing this, I just remembered... I threw away those tires/wheels a month or so ago when getting rid of stuff I'd "never" use... So yep, just wasted $12. LOL!

Well, according to the LST2 parts explosion, it uses an 8x16mm bearing, which is what the outcast uses, so the ID of the hubs should work. Will just have to figure out shimming and deal with pins that are smaller because I'm not drilling my outcast axles out for larger pins.

Odds are, I just wasted $12 on hubs, but will be amusing anyway to throw those big old tires on there for a minute next spring.

And... as I was typing this, I just remembered... I threw away those tires/wheels a month or so ago when getting rid of stuff I'd "never" use... So yep, just wasted $12. LOL!

The pins are what stopped me. The 20mm hub pins are too big

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back