should I or should I not help help me please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
So listen to this story, I have the stock v3 radio for my typhon. I dropped my radio and pieces broke, so I got a free one back but it’s the stx2 ? v4 one so I was like cool upgraded remote back to bashing so I thought. I was outside few street runs and lost signal and smack that dam car into curb I was about 2 houses away making a quick turn and that’s when that moment I knew I f**cked and couldn’t do nothing but watch it hit curb and snapped front a arm, pivot ball came out. Lhs guy said yo did you put the signal wire sticking up I didn’t realize I had to do that so it’s all good know my thing is after fixing the signal wire would y’all run your rig with that stx2 remote again fearing it could happen again or upgrade it? If so what remote is good.

I don’t race track or speed runs strictly bash mode only
damn near have all upgrades from servo savox 1210, glitch buster

So listen to this story, I have the stock v3 radio for my typhon. I dropped my radio and pieces broke, so I got a free one back but it’s the stx2 ? v4 one so I was like cool upgraded remote back to bashing so I thought. I was outside few street runs and lost signal and smack that dam car into curb I was about 2 houses away making a quick turn and that’s when that moment I knew I f**cked and couldn’t do nothing but watch it hit curb and snapped front a arm, pivot ball came out. Lhs guy said yo did you put the signal wire sticking up I didn’t realize I had to do that so it’s all good know my thing is after fixing the signal wire would y’all run your rig with that stx2 remote again fearing it could happen again or upgrade it? If so what remote is good.

I don’t race track or speed runs strictly bash mode only
damn near have all upgrades from servo savox 1210, glitch buster
No that is a normal occurrence with the STX2, it loses signal randomly and has a delay in the throttle and steering. Best place for that radio is in the trash. What is your budget?

No that is a normal occurrence with the STX2, it loses signal randomly and has a delay in the throttle and steering. Best place for that radio is in the trash. What is your budget?
Definitely get a better radio.
What radio you use?
I’m scared to put batteries in lol

You can get a cheap 30$ like i did who has gyro aparently 300metter range 6 channels called the dumborc 6channels on banggood. Been flawless since i got it. Or you can get the tactic tt300 again but why when you can get a better radio if you have the budget. If you want you can get a radio who has a memory a display and a lot of features

What radio you use?
I’m scared to put batteries in lol
I currently am using the Tactic, you can pick them up for abot $30. or so, but switching over to Futuba for everything soon.

Hit me with a definitely Huh ok I’m switching out radio
Thanks for all input, looking up this futaba remote
3PV 3 channel radio, around $119.00, seen them on sale before for $99.00
They have a few 4 series radios that cost more but the 3PV is all I need for simplicity and bashing.

Thanks for all input, looking up this futaba remote
There are endless radio options out there and radio threads on this forum, just do a search. Futaba has been out there for a long time. They have excellent range which is my most important thing above all. Many speed guys use them because of this. The 3PV is not loaded with features you really don't need for bashing, if you want a more featured radio there is the 4 line models.
I have 4 never used STX2 radios and don't trust them and don't use them, I'd recommend the same. I have 12 or 13 rigs, can't remember, that needs to be changed over to one radio, multiple radios suck. If it wasn't for all these rigs I'd have this radio already. Good luck with your choice.

If you are ordering the 3PV, know that it comes in two flavors. The receiver is the difference. The more expensive choice comes with a receiver that has telemetry data, like voltage level. You can also add temp and other telemetry sensors. If none of this is desired, get the cheaper model. You can always buy the better receiver later if you change your mind. The R304SB telemetry receiver also comes in a wired antenna version or the R304SB-E with an internal antenna. I haven’t seen the internal wires version available with the transmitter though.

I use a spectrum not bad in price and can run 20 cars on it. Runs 200 i believe and i bash. But i found not having to carry 5 to 6 removes is awsome less to worry about forgeting and since its only 1 i can watch it more

The dx5 my wife has the rugged for her crawler its the only car she has on it. One if the reasons i like it it saves my trim settings on the controler so i do not have to reset it all the time

Futaba are uslly more expensive i am actually lookng to find the differences. Than deciding if i should switch.

That’s what I’m looking into, I just want long range, no signal lost after driving it 3 houses down and crashing again.

Someone mention built in gyro something have to look what that is

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back