should I or should I not help help me please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are the same the rugged has more protection around it

That’s what I’m looking into, I just want long range, no signal lost after driving it 3 houses down and crashing again.

Someone mention built in gyro something have to look what that is

Flyskys SVC stability control system uses a receiver inbuilt gyro to help keep the car tracking straight at high speeds, it will make tiny fast steering corrections that you don't even see and it works incredibly well.

Spektrums own system is called AVC and Traxxas's is called TSM. They are multi adjustable via the Radio unlike conventional gyros. They also differ in that they have additional settings such as steering priority control this can be adjusted from 0-100% and just allows the steering input to have priority over the gyros own gain setting which otherwise ends up fighting your steering input and reducing your turning circle without it.
There is also a throttle priority setting which reduces the throttle percentage proportional to the steering angle... its a meh feature imo,no real use for us but I guess it might be handy for allowing a young kid to have a shot of your car.

For a relatively cheap radio to all have this plus loads more other features, is just amazing. It works just as good if not better than the spektrum and traxxas systems too.

The GT5 latency is <15ms which is pretty good, the receivers are inexpensive and the max range is stated as being 200m. I only tested it once and it was still working beyond me being able to still see my Typhon, so it more than passed that test.

For a more premium brand of radio to come with all these same features, expect to pay around 2-3 times as much.

Negatives - higher quality plastics with a rubberised coating would be nice but I'm asking asking way too much at that price point... I'd maybe prefer a slightly larger diameter wheel?. That said, it looks as though I might be able to retro fit one. Other than that I cant fault it..

See-

Last edited:
Pretend that the STX2 has the clap and promptly distance yourself from it (like everyone else has said!). Once you use a different radio and realize that there is delay in the STX2, you'll never want to use it again. I never had a runaway on mine, thankfully.

I have the Tactic TTX300 (same radio the Granite BLX comes with) and a Spektrum DX5C.

TTX300 w/3ch RX cost me about $60 at my LHS, great radio, very comfortable in the hand. The DX5C TX only package ran me just over $100 and has some nice features.

Flyskys SVC stability control system uses a receiver inbuilt gyro to help keep the car tracking straight at high speeds, it will make tiny fast steering corrections that you don't even see and it works incredibly well.

Spektrums own system is called AVC and Traxxas's is called TSM. They are multi adjustable via the Radio unlike conventional gyros. They also differ in that they have additional settings such as steering priority control this can be adjusted from 0-100% and just allows the steering input to have priority over the gyros own gain setting which otherwise ends up fighting your steering input and reducing your turning circle without it.
There is also a throttle priority setting which reduces the throttle percentage proportional to the steering angle... its a meh feature imo,no real use for us but I guess it might be handy for allowing a young kid to have a shot of your car.

For a relatively cheap radio to all have this plus loads more other features, is just amazing. It works just as good if not better than the spektrum and traxxas systems too.

The GT5 latency is <15ms which is pretty good, the receivers are inexpensive and the max range is stated as being 200m. I only tested it once and it was still working beyond me being able to still see my Typhon, so it more than passed that test.

For a more premium brand of radio to come with all these same features, expect to pay around 2-3 times as much.

Negatives - higher quality plastics with a rubberised coating would be nice but I'm asking asking way too much at that price point... I'd maybe prefer a slightly larger diameter wheel?. That said, it looks as though I might be able to retro fit one. Other than that I cant fault it..

See-

With TSM on I have noticed a major change in motor temperature (for the worse) compared to it off. Not sure if the spectrum acts the same way. I suppose it has to do with it limiting the motor makes it switch more and, therefore heats it up.

No that is a normal occurrence with the STX2, it loses signal randomly and has a delay in the throttle and steering. Best place for that radio is in the trash. What is your budget?
I've run my stx2 in V4 Kraton for 20 packs and then you described exactly what I just experienced.... It was horrible and I hit something (thankfully at low speed). In the back of my mind I'm thinking that this is exactly why people are hating this radio gear.... However I'm hoping that it was interference as I was running in a commercial area that I've never tried.

Will LHS replace my gear under warranty?

Have mercy

I've run my stx2 in V4 Kraton for 20 packs and then you described exactly what I just experienced.... It was horrible and I hit something (thankfully at low speed). In the back of my mind I'm thinking that this is exactly why people are hating this radio gear.... However I'm hoping that it was interference as I was running in a commercial area that I've never tried.

Will LHS replace my gear under warranty?

Have mercy
Worth a short
I haven’t ran my rig in a month since the accident lol still researching flysky gt5 is top 3 not going over 120 I only bash anyway

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back