Typhon Should I remove the dual battery connector?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some one on here mentioned they just popped the extra plug off and removed the extra wire into one connect, cant find any info or source on how to with out soldering a new plug

some one on here mentioned they just popped the extra plug off and removed the extra wire into one connect, cant find any info or source on how to with out soldering a new plug
Need to solder a new plug, or remove one of the wires with the iron and solder on the new wire.

I only use a 6s pack. Have no plans to use dual batteries. Should I remove the bulky connector and jumper? Thinking of cutting off and just soldering one of my EC5 connectors on it.

Thoughts?
Do it...single connection. I did for the TLR one connection for 4S I found after a while I was not going to do 6S no need for the extra connection in the way.

I cut it off since I never use it. And just have one of these laying around if/when I want to run two batteries.

https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/product-page/ec5-series-harness
I agree 100% cut it off, shrink it down and use the linked item if you need dual packs.

You have to have a jumper anyway in your current configuration, but this way you only use the jumper in the unfortunate event that you use two batts and the rest of the time you don't waste the extra weight.

The extra wires and jumper plug saved me 3oz which is like the difference between and m2c chassis and a stock one.

IMG_20220403_014702.jpg

What about the little black cylinders that are shrink wrapped and zip tied to the wire coming from esc…does that get cut off as well?

The little cylinders are called capcitors and they store batt power so you don't have a power drought mid roll.. 8 would keepm...

The little cylinders are called capcitors and they store batt power so you don't have a power drought mid roll.. 8 would keepm...
So still a bit lost. The cap pack has positive and negative leads going into it, is that the extent of its circuit? What does the other smaller diameter gray wire do?

Edit: you guys are messing with me. Can’t even see the connections from the stock wire to the esc on blx185, it’s completely coated in whatever is used for waterproofing…

Last edited:
So still a bit lost. The cap pack has positive and negative leads going into it, is that the extent of its circuit? What does the other smaller diameter gray wire do?

Edit: you guys are messing with me. Can’t even see the connections from the stock wire to the esc on blx185, it’s completely coated in whatever is used for waterproofing…
Yes, just a bunch of capacitors with positive and negative terminals wired in parallel to the battery leads. Stores some energy to reduce ripple in the battery voltage.

Many ESCs are potted (filled with expoy of some sort) for waterproofing and durability.

The smaller grey wire on Spektrum stuff is for their proprietary „smart charging“ stuff and battery telemetry data.

Is there any way to run the telemetry wire into the new connector?
Are you using Spektrum Smart lipos? If so then you'll want to make sure to use Spektrum IC5 connectors.

On the left is the conventional EC5 connector. On the right is the Spektrum IC5 where you can see the 3rd pin in the middle where you would connect the battery telemetry wire.

1653839365402.png

Negative not using Spektrum batteries. Just not sure what to do with the wire once I remove the ec5. Going to put qs8.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back