Should i return these Lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, yeah. To my mind the 90C series are mislabeled with the "racing" shrink wrap. The 100C and 120C series look to be standardized in terms of dimensions, whereas the 90C are not. I've also gotten the impression that the packs that are designed for sanctioned racing are all hard cases (I might be wrong on that), and the 90C packs are not.

Yeah pretty sure ROAR rules states they have to be hard packs so not sure why these are labeled as Racing Series. I have some of the 2s Racing Series and they are hard case.

I lied. Cnhl blacks. Don't be jelly.

View attachment 261370
Didn't believe this for a second. You'd have every single speed runner out there in the world asking you ship those packs to them.

I've heard how CNHL can often "understate" their racing pack dimensions. Sometimes that's why I like to stick to hardcases.
Ok, yeah. To my mind the 90C series are mislabeled with the "racing" shrink wrap. The 100C and 120C series look to be standardized in terms of dimensions, whereas the 90C are not. I've also gotten the impression that the packs that are designed for sanctioned racing are all hard cases (I might be wrong on that), and the 90C packs are not.
Yeah the only packs i've seen CNHL have "standard" measurements on are the hardpacks. Everything else are seriously wonky sizes i feel.
On the plus side, I was able to work out a RMA type thing with the Liperior folks. They said the packs I ordered have been having issues lately, so after mine popped hot on the IR scale they pulled the pack from the site until they can figure it out. I was initially nervous the packs were just bogus and I wasted my money. But after my experience emailing them, i'd give liperior another shot again.

Last edited:
My 4s cnhl 8000MAH racing packs have been decent. I hate that 12 Guage wire though lol.

This is seriously starting to border on hilarity. This is the as arrived condition of my new yowoos that arrived today. Does anyone do QC anymore? What planet am i on??? So far I've returned or will be returning 3 of 4 sets of lipos I purchased in the past few weeks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
20221214_163630.jpg
20221214_163548.jpg

This is seriously starting to border on hilarity. This is the as arrived condition of my new yowoos that arrived today. Does anyone do QC anymore? What planet am i on??? So far I've returned or will be returning 3 of 4 sets of lipos I purchased in the past few weeks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 262688View attachment 262689
Seriously?! What the actual FORK???

Gotta give 'em credit for at least getting them all equally wrong so...bonus points for consistency...I guess?

Seriously?! What the actual FORK???

Gotta give 'em credit for at least getting them all equally wrong so...bonus points for consistency...I guess?
For real is this even reality anymore?? :LOL:

That's like the hoovos, points for having all 6 cells between the two packs have a consistent 30mOhms???? :unsure:

For real is this even reality anymore?? :LOL:

That's like the hoovos, points for having all 6 cells between the two packs have a consistent 30mOhms???? :unsure:
You'd be forgiven for thinking this was some kind of Jacob's RC Ladder.

Damn thats rough. All my yowoo have been on point out the box, feelsbad.

Damn thats rough. All my yowoo have been on point out the box, feelsbad.
That's definitely what I was expecting. I'd like to try them again, do a replace instead of return. But eondering if my latest streak of "luck" should be proving to me otherwise :ROFLMAO:

Heads up I’ve read that Amazon tracks returns and there is a maximum. Once a customer becomes unprofitable from too many returns over a certain time period, they will ban that customer.

Not sure how much it takes or if the reason matters, just figured I’d share in case you aren’t aware.

It may just be rumor though.

Heads up I’ve read that Amazon tracks returns and there is a maximum. Once a customer becomes unprofitable from too many returns over a certain time period, they will ban that customer.

Not sure how much it takes or if the reason matters, just figured I’d share in case you aren’t aware.

It may just be rumor though.
Yeah I've heard that. That's one of the reasons why I've been nervous about returning. It's not my fault the lipos I'm sold are absolute crap or unsafe.

I heard that about amazon too and it used to stress me out. I've not let it stop me from returning stuff though and so far, so good. At one point I felt like I was doing a lot too lol. I think I order a lot of stuff from amazon though, so they probably still love me.

The Saga continues: I got a response back from Hoovo about my negative amazon review. They seem to think the batteries I received had a "slight internal short circuit" which caused the 30mOhm IR, whatever that's supposed to mean :unsure:
View attachment 260450
I've never been broken up with by a Lipo manufacturer before... and here I thought the breakup was mutual....???
View attachment 260452
Did you take them off your charger and try again. I just received two brand new gens basher pros and when I measured the the internal resistance one of them said that one cell had a valued of 36! So I took the batteries off, swapped the channels and tried again. This time all the cells were 4 or less. 🤔. Before and after pics :

20221213_133529.jpg
20221213_133650.jpg

I have 2 old hrb lipos who like to puff under use and IR are under 10 on each...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I should retire them soon. The first puff happen when i ran my notorious extremely hard during a very humid summer day. Lipos became too hot to handle, thn thy shrunk back down flat.
they almost 2 years old or so they were my daily use packs to power my kraton i have a one year pair and a new pair now. I was always told to retire lipos based on their IR over time

I have 2 old hrb lipos who like to puff under use and IR are under 10 on each...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I should retire them soon. The first puff happen when i ran my notorious extremely hard during a very humid summer day. Lipos became too hot to handle, thn thy shrunk back down flat.
they almost 2 years old or so they were my daily use packs to power my kraton i have a one year pair and a new pair now. I was always told to retire lipos based on their IR over time
Hey man, I was literally just thinking about you today. I hadn't seen you on in a while and was gonna message you too see how you were doing. Good to see you are still around. (y)

Hey man, I was literally just thinking about you today. I hadn't seen you on in a while and was gonna message you too see how you were doing. Good to see you are still around. (y)
Im doing okay just very busy with 3d printers. Ws my birthday today yey 23 years old... things could be better mentally wise but i will be fine. I printed tpu paddle tires to try out for the upcoming snow storm this friday. I haven't touched an rc in a while i have to strip my whole notorious and throw the few stainless bearings i have left on it... sounds kinda fun.. or i can just run it how it is right now and weld every single bearing. But that would be even more of a pain to clean up.
Wanted to run my kraton but i thinks its my notorious who is going to again be my snow truck this yer, the esc is kinda failing when its cold outside. I have a snowproof cover under the body but at one point the car refuses to move if its standing still and need to be pushed to go again. Better kill the noto esc under warranty than potentially kill my kraton esc who is 200$ a pop

Im doing okay just very busy with 3d printers. Ws my birthday today yey 23 years old... things could be better mentally wise but i will be fine. I printed tpu paddle tires to try out for the upcoming snow storm this friday. I haven't touched an rc in a while i have to strip my whole notorious and throw the few stainless bearings i have left on it... sounds kinda fun.. or i can just run it how it is right now and weld every single bearing. But that would be even more of a pain to clean up.
Wanted to run my kraton but i thinks its my notorious who is going to again be my snow truck this yer, the esc is kinda failing when its cold outside. I have a snowproof cover under the body but at one point the car refuses to move if its standing still and need to be pushed to go again. Better kill the noto esc under warranty than potentially kill my kraton esc who is 200$ a pop
Happy Birthday @Surchaufeur 🎂 :)

Did you take them off your charger and try again. I just received two brand new gens basher pros and when I measured the the internal resistance one of them said that one cell had a valued of 36! So I took the batteries off, swapped the channels and tried again. This time all the cells were 4 or less. 🤔. Before and after pics :

View attachment 262735View attachment 262736
I always check on my hota d6+ and my b6ac. While they give me slightly different IR reading, they're usually in the same ball park, and the voltages are always dead on. I remember seeing that you had posted that, so I tried again just for good luck!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back