Should i return these Lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked my brand new socokin and tbh the IR is the worst out of all my packs.

View attachment 259697

I'm not happy with it but I assume this is considered acceptable? I guess they are cheap packs. This is my first charge...
Socokin 6500mAh 100c. Probably 15-20 runs with these.

A3D93839-9801-44D9-9CC0-F2CE47D685BD.jpeg

658EE161-F8F0-42B6-BDC7-5981A09D9203.jpeg

What did I do to deserve all this bad lipo karma lately??? Just received delivery of my Liperior set today. Was excited to try a new brand, give them a shot. One pack seemed okay. The other pack was at 3.68v and 15mOhms IR per cell... What gives??? :mad:
What's a person gotta do to get a pair of reasonable lipos here???
20221205_200204.jpg

20221205_200614.jpg

What should a "good" IR be for a new 5000+mah pack? Ie, what should I be expecting?

Most stuff i'm finding online is for heli/quad or small capacity lipo IR expectations. One or two sources i've found have said 1 to 6 mOhms for large capacity/higher C rating batteries. Any thoughts on whether the IR in my bad Endurance pack above SHOULD normally be considered acceptable by any reasonable person?

^^^
Go with your gut feeling and try another brand. What I would do.
Maybe there are production/materials/QC issues related to the currently bad state of the economy. Or perhaps just a string of bad luck. Sucks either way.
I find many lipo brands can be a mixed bag at times.. Production runs and Cell batch grading vary. No matter the brand. A bad one or lots of them happens. From my experience. The Cells are often made by a different OE than the actual brand selling them. There are only several Lipo Cell producers, who sell to all the brands. All in China.

Last edited:
^^^
Go with your gut feeling and try another brand. What I would do.

I find many lipo brands can be a mixed bag at times.. Production runs and Cell batch grading vary. No matter the brand. A bad one or lots of them happens. From my experience. The Cells are often made by a different OE than the actual brand selling them. There are only several Lipo Cell producers, who sell to all the brands. All in China.

Usually brands like gensacearespammers and smc do a much better job at QC than the Amazon brands or brands like Ovonic and Liperior this is one way they cut costs they don't test each cell they just test a few out of a batch and call it good.

What should a "good" IR be for a new 5000+mah pack? Ie, what should I be expecting?

Most stuff i'm finding online is for heli/quad or small capacity lipo IR expectations. One or two sources i've found have said 1 to 6 mOhms for large capacity/higher C rating batteries. Any thoughts on whether the IR in my bad Endurance pack above SHOULD normally be considered acceptable by any reasonable person?
Those GA batteries I linked are showing resistance at 3 ohms across all the cells.

Big shout out to @dure16 for steering me towards these CNHL packs! They are very high quality cases with lots of attention to details. And the IR on the cells even right out of the box is looking pretty good. Haven't ran them yet, but so far very impressed!
20221208_195113.jpg

Big shout out to @dure16 for steering me towards these CNHL packs! They are very high quality cases with lots of attention to details. And the IR on the cells even right out of the box is looking pretty good. Haven't ran them yet, but so far very impressed!
View attachment 261368
Damn I don't even think mine were that low in any of my CNHL packs.

View attachment 261368
Glad you landed on some good packs. CNHL is solid.

Damn I don't even think mine were that low in any of my CNHL packs.
With CNHL you get some pretty wide variation between the different product lines. My 4S 8200 LiHV packs were around 6-8mΩ. My 4S 9500 90C packs were around 3.5-3.8mΩ. My 3S 6000 G+ 70C packs were around 2.1-2.3mΩ at room temperature and as low as 1.1mΩ after warming them up.

I lied. Cnhl blacks. Don't be jelly.

View attachment 261370
This can't be right. I checked my other pack and got this.

16705604238125871706022366227954.jpg

And went back to the first pack and got this.

1670560489375549737594475208700.jpg

And I just noticed that one of my Racing series packs one of the pins in the balance lead is broken ☹️

That looks closer to what you'd expect. I was vigorously pressing "x" to doubt over here regarding the 0.1mΩ reading.
Pretty sure I plugged in the wrong balance lead as I have them Gorilla taped together. Short story long CNHL sent me the wrong batteries and they don't fit in any of my other rc cars nor do they fit the factory battery tray because they are 5mm too wide, so I bought the Hot Racing battery tray for my Outcast just so I could use them in something. Even worse the CNHL Racing series batteries don't fit the Hot Racing tray as they are too long...................... That is how I ended up with the Racing series lipos because they didn't have any more of the Blacks that were the correct size in stock at the time.

Pretty sure I plugged in the wrong balance lead as I have them Gorilla taped together. Short story long CNHL sent me the wrong batteries and they don't fit in any of my other rc cars nor do they fit the factory battery tray because they are 5mm too wide, so I bought the Hot Racing battery tray for my Outcast just so I could use them in something. Even worse the CNHL Racing series batteries don't fit the Hot Racing tray as they are too long......................
That's odd...I thought the point of the racing series was that they fit battery trays that are standardized in racing vehicles. I have four 4S CNHL racing series and they all fit hand in glove in the stock battery tray that came with the VTE.

That's odd...I thought the point of the racing series was that they fit battery trays that are standardized in racing vehicles. I have four 4S CNHL racing series and they all fit hand in glove in the stock battery tray that came with the VTE.
Idk these things are long I can't even get my digital calipers to go around them.

And I need a new calipers....................

20221208_215554.jpg

Idk these things are long I can't even get my digital calipers to go around them.

And I need a new calipers....................

View attachment 261376
Ok, yeah. To my mind the 90C series are mislabeled with the "racing" shrink wrap. The 100C and 120C series look to be standardized in terms of dimensions, whereas the 90C are not. I've also gotten the impression that the packs that are designed for sanctioned racing are all hard cases (I might be wrong on that), and the 90C packs are not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back