Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Should I still buy a Arrma?

Discussion in 'General Chaos' started by TheDisMan, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheDisMan

TheDisMan Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Talion
    Well the news of this company’s misfortune sucks big time, I’m about to go out and get a Arrma Talion V3, and get back into the hobby after a 6 year break, now I don’t know what to do... should I still get it? Or should I hold out for something else? I really like this Truggy... but I want to make sure I’m getting something I can repair when it breaks for years to come... help guys! I don’t know what to do! :(

2. Trapper

Trapper Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan

Yes get one I say. The nature of how hobbico filed means they don't have to pay Traxxas jack shit until they can reasonably afford to without going actual bankrupt. But that's just my take on the out come I could be reading it wrong. Talions look bad ass, been trying to win one off all the RC online raffles lol.

Standaman1981 and Steve like this.
  3. TheDisMan

TheDisMan Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Talion
    I agree they look amazing, and if you watch Rich Duperbash on YouTube you know that they can take one hell of a beating, but I just want to be sure that parts will be available for a long time to come before I commit to paying $800 Canadian monopoly dollars for just the truck itself, not including the lipos and chargers, and I’m not a wealthy man by no means, so this will be my one and only RC for quite awhile..

4. Trapper

Trapper Premium Member!

Ah I see. If you are really really worried you could always get a Tekno et48.3 I don't think arrma is going anywhere. They are one of hobbico's vital organs. And tower still does the split pay to help lower the upfront cost I think.

5. L3 RC

L3 RC Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    If that's hte vehicle that you want, then absolutely. Since you brought up duperbash, you probably have also noticed that most of his replacement parts come from 3rd party makers such as voltage, tp, etc...Even if they stop making the RC, the aftermarket will offer plenty of supports for parts.

Also, like Trapper said, the only thing that might be better than the awesomeness of Arrma is the awesomeness of Tekno. I have an MT410 kit sitting on the bench at home waiting to be put together.

chevys10zr2003 likes this.
  6. chevys10zr2003

chevys10zr2003 Premium Member!
    Premium Member ArrmaForum Fan Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Senton, Typhon
    I wouldn't hesitate to get the Talion either. There is enough aftermarket support for the Arrma vehicles that the crucial parts will still be available. Up there in Canada you also have @gregmbrandt who makes parts. Like @L3 RC, I also have an MT410 sitting at home on the workbench. Just waiting for my damn servo from Banggood that I ordered two weeks ago and have to wait another week for delivery.

7. Trapper

Trapper Premium Member!

As you can stock up on diff gears is the only thing I can think of. Most everything else can be bought via aftermarket suppliers like L3 said Wheels tires steering horn diff cups diff housing chassis a arms bearings chassis braces servo mounts you name it can all be had aftermarket.

8. Trapper

Trapper Premium Member!

9. jonUF02

jonUF02 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    I'm using Mugen diff gears anyway The platform has many parts that can be substituted with similar and better parts from other brands

10. King Jackmode

King Jackmode Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Senton
    Got any part numbers to share with us?

11. Excelrc

Excelrc Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon, Granite, Kraton, Nero
    I would not shy away from any Arrma. I have been in and out of the biz for 25 years, the value and construction of most of these models is amazing.
    If nothing else, I am sure that Arrma will survive and move forward as a brand.

greatdividers likes this.
  12. Trapper

Trapper Premium Member!

13. jonUF02

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
  14. Lovemykraton

Lovemykraton Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Does anyone know where i can buy the arrma kraton v3 battery tray from.I was gonna buy the one for the outcast but i do not wanna drill in my baby.

15. jonUF02

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    They are the exact same part number. The late G2 chassis and G3 chassis have extra holes to accept the improved battery tray.

16. Rider211

Rider211 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Definitely buy a arrma i have all the 1 8 scales and there the best bang for your buck, with a few slight mods n some diff shims there next to bullet proof as for parts there always b someone making parts...where there's money to b made, and there's always a way to make some other brand parts to work for most part, if not go with a tekno lil more money but very high quality....and i hate to say this and i hate traxxas but i just picked up the new e revo and man is it sweet could use a bit more power but its so buttery smooth in all departments its crazy! 5 runs on some hard bashing n no problems at all

17. RC fan

RC fan Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Outcast
    You said “Iwant to make sure I can repair when something breaks for years to come”. Traxxas is unbeatable in this criteria. ( I think)

I have 3 traxxas vehicles and 3 Arrma vehicles. In my humble opinion if I was in your shoes with limited funds and wanted over all else parts availability because this would be the only rc I would have for a while, I would purchase the new erevo now that it’s suppose to be as durable as the xmax. I have the xmax and it is much more durable than the other traxxas vehicles. I don’t think you will have to worry about back ordered parts.

I have the Kraton and the outcast and diff parts are currently on back order along with other vital parts I can’t find substitutes for.

Once again this is just my humble opinion.

18. greatdividers

greatdividers Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    The parts to repair my Mega Senton are also on back order... And it is my only running RC :(

19. Mongoose

Mongoose Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    Yeah, it's becoming extremely aggravating.

20. Rider211

Rider211 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Search the web, i just spent 5min looking found a few places that have every diff part in stock, kits and singles

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer