Typhon Should I use lock tite on this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Are you supposed to lock tight these screws twice they are loosening up all 3 will these cause performance issues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 97
Are you supposed to lock tight these screws twice they are loosening up all 3 will these cause performance issues
dam, you got some juice there.
threadlock metal in metal and wait 24 hours before you start jammin it again.

If you are still using the factory diff cup no you are not supposed to use threadlock.

My center diff always leaked and the screws never stayed tight. I replaced my diff cup with an aluminum one and no more leaks and no more screws backing out.

If you are still using the factory diff cup no you are not supposed to use threadlock.

My center diff always leaked and the screws never stayed tight. I replaced my diff cup with an aluminum one and no more leaks and no more screws backing out.
Hot racing diff cup, thread lock I was thinking but wasn’t sure if supposed too but got 2 answer I needed
Hot racing diff cup, thread lock I was thinking but wasn’t sure if supposed too but got 2 answer I needed
I stripped one of the screws one the top motor mount brace can’t get it off now ?‍♂️

I stripped one of the screws one the top motor mount brace can’t get it off now ?‍♂️
Put a rubber band on the end of the hex bit. I hear it works.

The HR diff cups come with a little piece of paper that says to use loctite.
Yet the bottom of the screw holes has a hole in it that allows the oil to seep up into the threads... There's a thread about that. Seems an odd design to me. Having silicone oil all over the threads kind of defeats threadlock.

Well, I guess the concept is that you fill with the fluid and put in the screws very shortly there after before the fluid has a chance to come up with the holes. Well, I guess the concept is that you fill with the fluid and put in the screws very shortly there after before the fluid has a chance to come up with the holes. I just thoroughly coat all the threads on the screws with the Loctite.

Yet the bottom of the screw holes has a hole in it that allows the oil to seep up into the threads... There's a thread about that. Seems an odd design to me. Having silicone oil all over the threads kind of defeats threadlock.
So I finished they center diff rebuild lol new thread locked it waited and spews out, next method might put bathtub silicone clear might make as a rubber barrier around threads idk

Nothing should be spewing out of anything if you did it right...
I did this go around only thing I can think about is I didn’t let threadlock sit long enough I guess just took it out and all is good now ran it hard and screws didn’t back out
I did this go around only thing I can think about is I didn’t let threadlock sit long enough I guess just took it out and all is good now ran it hard and screws didn’t back out

Next up front and rear cups

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back