Kraton Should I use this motor mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I bought the HR motor mount for my Kraton but now that I see it, I don't see how it is better.

20180803_201942.jpg

What am I missing? Should I use it or return it?

I think it's main goal is to allow you to adjust mesh more easily and to be able to remove the motor more easily without having to remove the entire center assembly. As it is, all you can fit down into the chassis to remove the motor screws is an L wrench, then you can only do 1/4 turn at a time, which takes forever and is more prone to stripping the bolt heads.

After taking my motor out 4 or 5 times for pinion testing and fan installs, I'd much prefer to be able to do so without taking the entire center block out of the chassis.

I installed one of those too because my stock one was popping loose and losing mesh all the time, and yeah later when I was just messing with the pinion the whole process is way easier.

I now see the benefit. I installed it this morning. Thanks guys!

I installed all 3x hr motor/diff mount pieces. I needed to make sure everything remained tight running big power.

77E0F4BD-EAC6-45B7-9B70-A5FF49F99F87.jpeg

Last edited:
So there's only one screw holding the motor plate in place with that? Kind of surprised it doesn't flex/twist on big air that slams the chassis on the ground.

So there's only one screw holding the motor plate in place with that? Kind of surprised it doesn't flex/twist on big air that slams the chassis on the ground.

One screw but that plate is a tight fit with the mount. Time will tell if it come loose.

One screw but that plate is a tight fit with the mount. Time will tell if it come loose.
Please keep us updated. I'll like to see how it holds up as I hate pulling the center out of my outcast. With the tower-2-tower brace going through the body brace, it's annoying to have to take the screws tower brace out as well as the 5 screws holding the center diff/motor mount in to replace a pinion or just adjusting mesh.

I have been using the HR motor mounts in my rigs for awhile now. Never a single problem. The only one I keep a close eye on is the one in my Kraton because I run a Leopard 4092 and its so long but still no problems with the HR motor mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back